"i just hate how terrible people can be, especially to those they're supposed to love." haeri explained through her sobs.

he wasn't sure if it was because of her words or hearing her cry that had made him so emotional, but whatever it was had finally caused beomgyu to break into tears as well.

hugging each other a little tighter, the two teenagers cried in each other's embrace. haeri's head rested comfortably against beomgyu's chest as she gripped the back of his shirt between her finger tips. and beomgyu tucked his head into haeri's neck as he gently held the back of her head closer to him, while his other arm was tightly looped around her waist.

they remained like that for several minutes, taking all the time they needed to regain their composure. once their sobs had reduced to just small sniffles, they relaxed in each other's hold. "so... what should we do now..?" beomgyu asked all of a sudden, causing haeri to laugh. "what's so funny?"

"just asking that out of the blue made me laugh, i don't know." she giggled, pushing herself out of his arms. "what do you wanna do?"

beomgyu shrugged, "i don't know, it's your house. that's why i asked you."

"well, to be honest, there's not much to do here." she said, looking around to see if anything would possibly cause a light bulb to go off in her head. "we could continue the movie or..."

beomgyu tilted his head. "or..?"

"or... we could study!"

"you're joking," beomgyu deadpanned. "as if i'd willingly spend my weekend studying."

"movie it is then!" she beamed, making beomgyu laugh at her sudden outburst of energy.

an hour had passed and the movie had finally come to an end. ask either of them about the plot of it though and all you would get in response would be blank stares because throughout the entirety of the movie, all they did was chat.

rather than paying attention to the film that played in front of them, they discussed random things such as their interests and hobbies.

"you play the guitar?!" haeri asked wide-eyed. beomgyu laughed at how shocked she seemed to be and nodded. "i could teach you if you want." he offered.

"seriously, you mean it?" receiving a second nod, haeri smiled. "i've always wanted to learn guitar. hyuka tried teaching me a few years ago, but then he got impatient with me and gave up. oops..."

beomgyu chuckled at the image in his head of hueningkai scolding haeri. 'you'd think it'd be the other way around, huh?'

"yeah, seriously, i wouldn't mind. i honestly think it'd be fun, and it'd give us something other to do than just watch movies together all the time; not that i hate doing that though."

"maybe we could switch out our next tutoring session for a guitar lesson instead." haeri offered. "after all, yeonjun told me he won't be able to make it to the next one. and frankly speaking, it already seems like you hardly need my help with how smart you are."

"i'm not smart. you've seen my grades." beomgyu sighed.

haeri gently nudged the boy beside her. "don't put yourself down like that, choi beomgyu. grades are hardly an accurate representation of our intelligence. you're genuinely so smart, like if you really wanted to, i'm sure you could easily become the top of our class."