Chapter 14

Neteyam pov

"Be careful, center yourself" I say to Aonung. Grabbing the bow and fixing his position. He takes a deep breath then let's the arrow go.

The arrows goes right through the beast's heart. I show him how to thank Eywa before heading back to the village with the dead beasts body.

"Come on Aonung keep up!" I say as my tail goes up to his chin then away. (Like in the photo above)

He blushes. I just chuckle and continue ahead. We finally make it to the village where we cook the meat.

We catch up as we eat talking about adventures we've had since we last saw each other.

"So got your eyes on anyone," I ask Aonung. He smiles. "Yeah Ive actually liked this person for a while but I don't know how to tell them"

It feels like an arrow has gone straight through my heart. What was I thinking of course he wasn't going to like you. Plus you asked the question first.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't you dare cry. I smile. "Why don't you try to be straight forward? I'm pretty sure they'll say yes"

"After all your the next Metkayina cheif" I say biting my lip to keep it from quivering.

He looks at me for a little while before opening his mouth to speak. "How about you?"

I look up at him. I sigh,"yeah I do but um almost positive that they don't like me back"

Just then Tisaye walks in. "Ooh neteyam you never told me you had a crush" he says pulling my cheek like he did when we were younger.

I slap his hand. "You idiot this is why I never told you, cause you always tease me" I say pouting.

Aonung pov

I see Tisaye get really comfortable with neteyam which I don't like. He always giving me these weird looks when I'm with neteyam.

"Hey remember when I use to call you sweetheart?" I say to neteyam which makes his attention avert to me.

"Yeah i remember" he says blushing. "I actually thought you were cute back then"

I see Tisaye ears flatten a bit and neteyam's blush get darker. I smile at him. "Man I need to start calling you sweetheart again"

I get up and grab my stuff before heading in the direction of where I'm staying. "Goodnight sweetheart" I say before heading to bed.