Chapter 3

After much cajoling the hotel manager and giving him a kind of forced hush-hush stuff, on Shubman's insistence, they got a driver and a car to take them to their destination. It will be a lie to say that the manager of that post hotel had not given them a weird side eye, who must be thinking, why a bunch of rich cricketers would be going to a place two or three hours away from Mumbai, a literal countryside, to enjoy a day off.

It's not like, it's the manager only. The rest of the gang, that includes, Kuldeep, Tilak, Siraj, Rishabh, Yashasvi also gave Shubman a weird look.

"But what is there?" Kuldeep could not help but ask.

"My past." This was all Shubman had answered.

Sebastian, Shubman's manager had handled the rest. He talked to the manager, settled some people, talked to the driver and gave him direction, everything was under his control. After all, he could not let a bunch of young cricketers ruin their image in public by making them seen in a place where they shouldn't be spotted.

"Lipstick Shades?" Tilak raises his eyebrows. "What type of a fucking name is this?"

"The fuck? Is this a whore house?" Rishabh's raises his eyebrows, his jaw drops. The rest of the group then notices how girls and boys are around the club with various people, groping them or kissing, dressed sexy enough with revealing clothes and make up.

"And a night-club." Sebastian cuts in.

"Um- I think that doesn't help. Should we be here anyways?" Yashasvi sceptically asks. He has just started his career. He doesn't want it to be over so soon.

Shubman turns to his group of friends with serious eyes.

It took Shubman nine, almost ten years to finally be here. There was so no chance Shubman was letting this chance go for his teammates and whatever the consequences. Shubman has tasted enough of his success and in the long run, he had realized how bland the taste is.

With full conviction in his voice, he says in a general direction to his teammates, "I won't force you all to go in. So, it's really your call. The car is right here." And with a final look, he walks towards the other entrance Seb had shown them.

His teammates, even though somewhat dumbfounded by the sudden fiery answer of Shubman, follow him into the nightclub.

Shubman feels sick.

His heart wrenches at the knowledge that this is the place he has ended up searching for the person he wanted to keep dolled up in his luxurious home, in comfortable rich clothes, rooms lighted up by warm ceiling lights.

Every day he would have comeback home, after matches or practices and get hugged immediately. He would take up the hand and kiss the ring adorned on the fingers.......

But oh God!

"Where is he, Seb?"

Seb purses his lips, "Somewhere around here Shubman. The manager told me, there is going to be an auction tonight."

"Auction?"

A hesitation crosses Seb's features, yet he pushed through. "The customers put on rates and take one of them for the night. So, to fish out customers, the prostitutes mingle through the crowd."