Love, D

Shaking her head and wipping away some of the tears that escaped, she heads to find Declan. He was in his room. He looks up from the book he was reading, a little surprised but smiles anyway and waves her over. She smiles and just hands him the book, it open to the page with the note from David. He stares at it in shock before flipping through the book, backwards to the front, where all the names are. David's page had one less name than her page so he reaches over and grabs the pen adding a name to the bottom and fixes the dates before handing the book back to her with that page open.

"So I was right," she awes.

"Yes darling. Now, I take it you are fuzzy on memories, so what tipped you off?"

"A lot of things, but mostly being able to hear your thoughts."

"So you heard me this morning?"

"Yeah," she says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"That proves it, you were the only one that could do that. It pissed Taylor off so much." He muses as she sits on the bed.

"Asley said the same thing earlier."

"Artie is Asley, that makes sense."

She sighs and runs a hand through her hair, pulling it back, making him see the rose earring that he gave her when he was David. He smiles sadly and pulls her into his arms. He moves them so they are leaning against the headboard. He then takes the book back from her and opens it to his note, turning the page.

"I wrote that note for you when I was Dylan. Taylor was getting really bad, I think that is when she started this crazy plan."

"She had to steal my shadow almost six decades ago, how have I never noticed?"

"You get lost in your head a lot, so you don't notice what is going on around you. Let's see if there is anything in your notes that can help us."

Emily nods and they curl up together reading through the journal, he also tells her about memories that go along with the ones that are in the journal.

Around dinner, Asley came upstairs looking for the two of them. When he pops his head into David's room he smiles softly. He knocks on the door getting the boy's attention.

"Asley, whats up?"

"Dinner, but you seem concerned, what's up?"

"Reading through Emily's journal, we were doing it together but she fell asleep."

"Okay, it's just her memories, you are in most of them, what's the problem?"

"I found a note to herself that she has a separate journal for each of us and to be careful about the Taylor one."

"Talk to her tomorrow, for now let's go eat."

David nods and carefully gets up, trying not to disturb Emily but he knows he fails as she sits up and rubs her eyes.

"I smell food, is it dinner time?"

"Yes Em lets go." Asley chuckles.

She nods and walks out without the boys. The boys just shrug and follow her down. Gwen smiles at the three of them. They sit down at the table to eat. Not too long into dinner, Emily sighs.

"One or both of you have a comment, what is it?" She addresses the boys.

"I know you probably don't want to, but you need to go through the Taylor journal." Asley states.

"It scares me. I get this panic and fear every time I think about her, but I can't bring up anything that makes sense with it."

"I'm right here when you want to go through it, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." David says, taking her hand and kissing it.