Getting Closure

Shruti witnessed Anuj confessing his love to Anupama, expressing his inability to forget her and his incapacity to love Shruti in return. Anupama, however, departed, declaring that they would only put a full stop on their story, not add another page. Left heartbroken, Shruti wandered the streets of New York, lost in her despair. In her daze, she narrowly avoided being struck by a car when Anuj rushed forward and pulled her to safety.

Anuj: Shruti kya kar rhi ho tm, abhi kuch ho jaata toh.

Shruti: Tumhe kyu itni chinta hai, ho jaata toh ho jaata.

Anuj: Pagal mat bano.

Shruti: Jaane do mujhe, mujhse tmse koi baat nahi karni

Shruti tries to leave but he denied to leave her, calmed her down, and take her back to the same cafe

Anuj: Chalo mere sath.

He graves her hand and take her to the cafe.

As they sit in the cafe, Anuj takes a moment to gather his thoughts, realizing the gravity of the situation.

Anuj: Tum theek toh ho na.

Shruti: Meri jagah tum hote toh tm theek hote kya.

Anuj hummed in response feeling guilty.

Anuj: Mujhe, Mujhe samajh nahi aa rha hai ki mein kya kahu tum se.

Shruti: Ab reh hi kya gaya hai kehne k lia, jo mujhe sunna tha sun lia, jo tmhe kehna tmne keh dia, aur ab lag rha hai ki sabse idiot mein hi hu.

Anuj try to deny her but all in vain, he is too much guilty for hurting her. When he was drowned in the storm of own thoughts. Then she suddenly asks if he is going to leave her.

Shruti: Are you going to leave me? Kya tum mujhe sach mein chod rahe ho

Anuj was taken aback by the sudden question, caught off guard by the weight of Shruti's inquiry. He found himself at a loss for words, torn between his desire to be honest and his understanding that revealing the truth might inflict more pain on Shruti, especially in her vulnerable state. Yet, he knew he couldn't continue to withhold his feelings any longer. He needed to confess why he met Anupama, what he gained from their encounter, and most importantly, express his remorse for unintentionally hurting Shruti, especially on her birthday.
He said guiltily, stuttering,