4- Dragons

Word spread like wild fire about Harry's name being blocked from being selected out of the goblet. Rumors spread just as quickly, the one question on everyone's mind being; Why did Draco take Harry's place in the tournament?

"Aye, 'arry." Hagrid joyfully greeted Harry as the boy stepped into his hut a few days later. "Now, you know 'ow I asked ya to not let Ron an' 'ermione know about this little meet-up?"

Harry nodded as they both took two seats at the coffee table where Fang rested his furry face on Harry's lap, being treated to a scratch behind the ears. "I assume you believe I didn't put my name in the goblet if you're still talking to me?"

"Well, o' course! Why woudn't I?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Alrigh'. Well, I jus figured that, well, with Malfoy bein' in this tournamen' an such, he migh wanna 'ave a bit of a head's up." Harry raised an eyebrow as Hagrid pulled out what looked to be a map of the Forbidden forest that he'd drawn himself. "The first task is dragons. I don' know yet what they're gonna do with 'em, but it's something to do with goin' face-to-face with a giant fire-breathin' beast!"

Harry looked shocked. To think he would be the one facing off a dragon had he been selected for this tournament if Malfoy hadn't put his name in that goblet. 

"You know, I would course go tell 'im maself but- well, let's jus say that even a big guy like me can be scared of a boy like Malfoy." Hagrid looked slightly embarrassed to say it, but pointed to an area on the map marked: Dragons.

Harry took a deep breath. "Okay."

Hagrid looked at him in suprise. "Really?"

Harry nodded. "I'll do it. Besides, I guess I kinda owe Malfoy after he took my place." Hagrid nodded greatfully and handed Harry the map.

Draco had been avoiding everyone for the entire weekend, and Blaise was keen to do the same to him. Draco was currently sitting at the roots of a large tree in front of a calm shallow part of the Black Lake on the edge of the Forbidden Forest, with the view of the castle off in the close distance. He was accompanied by Alicia Roberts, a charming Slytherin girl in their year with sky-blue eyes and straight platinum hair that went just past her shoulders. 

Sitting on the edge of a log that just separated the water from the land, Alicia hummed a happy tune as she picked at the water shrubs and plants that were rooted to the ground underwater. "Amazing... amazing!" She muttered, as she took a colour changing water lily in her fingers.

"Alicia? You're doing it again." Draco looked up from his book on Advanced Potion Making for Fourth Years, looking slightly annoyed.

"Oh, right sorry." Alicia let the lily fall from her palm, and float down the river in the direction of the castle. She then dipped her bare feet into the shallow water, making soft movements in the ripples. 

"Since when have you been into Herbology?" He eyed a few books in her open satchel.

"Since a few weeks ago when my dad and I took a vacation through the Congo Rainforest. It's quite a peaceful area." She shrugged.

Draco scoffed but smiled a bit. "You and Longbottom should go out."

Alicia looked offended. "As if I would ever go out with a repulsive Gryffindor! Especially Neville Longbottom!"

Draco just sniggered when they heard hissed chattering and footsteps through the thick trees. 

"But why? Why do I have to do it? Why can't you go talk to him yourself?!"

"Because, I'm not speaking to him! And I'm paying you, now get!"

Both Slytherins turned around to see Blaise and Pansy were whisper-yelling at eachother as they walked through the trees and bushes to approach Draco and Alicia.