anniversary (𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑒é)

request from sunsincity

⌞ ⌝⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆ ⌞ ⌝⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆ ⌞ ⌝⋆ ˚。⋆ ⌞

   In a few days, it will mark one year since Reneé  and I became a couple. To celebrate our anniversary in a special way Reneé planned a trip. Since we were used to the LA traffic, Reneé decided a change of scenery would be nice. So she settled for a small cabin in Vermont. When Reneé finally told me on the way to the airport, I was excited. In LA, there was always paparazzi and drama, so being able to go a week without it was refreshing.

   Upon first glance, the wooden cabin appeared to be quite beautiful. It was nestled amongst the trees, situated above a serene lake. The interior was adorned with Everest green accent walls, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Soft lighting added to the coziness of the space. Our bedroom featured a large window that offered stunning views of the lake below, surrounded by trees that made for a picturesque scene.

   On our first night, we decided to rest after the long flight and being jet-lagged. The next day, we explored downtown and visited a few local coffee shops and stores. It was a nice change to be able to walk around without being followed by paparazzi, which was a common experience for us back in LA. However, Reneé signed a few autographs while we were there. It was nothing compared to LA.

   The next day it was the 20th, the date of our anniversary. So we went out to a local fine-dining sushi restaurant a couple of towns over. We both dressed up for our date. I wore a simple mini dress paired with a black crystal-embellished satin-trimmed velvet clutch.
Meanwhile, Reneé wore a black stain mid-length with a lace v-neck dress. (her wsj outfit)

   After our date, we came back to the cabin. We put on our pajamas and snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie. We were just watching the movie and my head was resting on Reneé's chest until she said something that shot my head up.

She asked, "Have you ever considered marriage?" I tilted my head to the side "Of course I have!" She nodded her head suspiciously looking to the side. My eyes widened, "Reneé Jane Rapp, are you thinking of marrying me?" She didn't say anything so I broke the silence.

   I smirked, "Well if you are, I want it to be in public." She questioned, "In public?" I quickly nodded my head "Yes like at one of your concerts!" She was slightly confused. "I thought you would want it private." I replied, "I think public engagements are more romantic." After that, we never talked about it again. Our trip ended and we went back to our everyday life.

*fast forward 3 years

   In a couple of days, it will be Reneé and I's 4th anniversary. Every year we did something special. Unlike this year it didn't seem like Reneé had anything planned. Reneé never mentioned our anniversary for some reason this year. She was being more distant than I was used to, which was very unlike her.

   Reneé was very clingy, the first 3 months into our relationship she insisted on me moving in. She wasn't there due to the filming of Mean Girls. So those first few months I was alone in her house. She would work all week and then only be home on the weekends, which wasn't long enough. I was relieved when she finished filming Mean Girls. So I could finally live with my girlfriend.

   I had never lived with anyone before except my college roommate. Which only lasted two weeks because I didn't like dorm life. I'm not sure if it was the grimy college showers. Or my roommate having her boyfriend over every single night. Either way, both were good enough reasons for me to move back home and commute.