Draft Separation (Juju Watkins)

Y/n Pov

"Aye ya'll come here so we can get a picture of the both of you!" Juju's mom Sari called to us. Me and Juju walked over to where everyone was standing and starting posing for everyone. Both of us were major stepping tonight since it's the Wnba 2028 draft. It is honestly crazy to think about because me and Ju just won a natty a couple weeks ago in march, now were about to be drafted into the Wnba which is both of our biggest goals.

 This day also has it's downsides though because there is a high chance that me and Juju are going to be separated for months until our potential teams draft us. After everyone stopped taking pictures of us I kind of just zoned out lost in my own thoughts thinking about so many possibilities. 

As I was zoned out I felt someone tapping making me come out of my thoughts. "You ok baby? Your all zoned out" Juju said holding the side of my face. I sighed deeply before answering, "I mean like yeah i'm ok i'm just trying to be ok with the thought that me and you could be separated for God knows how long" I said making her pout. "I get what your saying but right now let's just not think about that and just enjoy the time that we do have with each other while we can ok?" she asked smiling at me. 

I nodded slightly smiling from seeing her smile, "I mean look at us baby we both looking good as hell lets just enjoy this moment that we've been dreaming of since we were little" she said enthusiastically. "I guess your right, this is a big dream of ours" I said wrapping my arms around her waist. "Mhm exactly now c'mon before were late" she said giving me a soft kiss and leading us out to the car. 

(Time skip)

(Time skip)

Everyone was sitting at their own table waiting for them to announce the first round pick. I already knew Juju was going to be first because she has been dominant all the way from high school to her freshman year in college. After a while of waiting Cathy finally came onto the stage with a note that held the name of the first pick in the draft. "With the first pick in the 2028 wnba draft the Los Angles Sparks select Juju Watkins" she finished announcing. I stood up clapping with a huge smile as I watched my girlfriend hug her parents and walk up on stage greeting Cathy. Words can not express how proud I am of her like i'm happier for her then she is for herself.