sentenced to purgatory

Oliver's POV

I have had the time of my life on my father's boat, and I can't believe I convinced them to let me come alone. I have had unlimited access to all the booze I could want, and I can't get into any trouble due to my father not being here. I just checked in with the captain, and he told me we are just entering the North China Sea.

Narators POV

Unknown to anyone on the boat, a time sensitive bomb in the engine room just turned on. It was set to turn on the countdown as soon as the Queen's Gambit entered the North China Sea. The bomb had a 15-second timer before it blows up. The Queen's Gambit had been hit by a massive wave just as the bomb detonated. Making it look like a freak accident.

Oliver's POV

I had just gotten back to my room on the boat when I heard a loud metallic groan. What was that? Then, after that thought, I started to lose my balance. Why is the boat tipping backward?

Narators POV

Next thing Oliver knows, he is being thrown onto the back wall of his room and then drenched in ice-cold salt water.

Oliver's POV

Upon coming to, I realized I'm under water. As I started swimming to the top, I saw all the wreckage around me. A wave must have capsized the boat. When I breached the surface, I noticed someone inflated the life raft. I started swimming over and started to make out the face of one of the crew. His name is David Hackett, and he is my father's bodyguard. Before we left the war, my father told me David would come with me because it I'd his vacation time. "David!" I call out to him. When he notices me, he reaches out to pull me onto the raft, saying,"Thank God you're alive, Oliver."
When I got into the raft, I noticed it was just us on the raft. "What happened to everyone else?" I asked. David replied,"I don't know where they are, Oliver."

Timeskip 4 days, still Oliver's POV

We drifted for days out on the waves. We ran out of food yesterday. There is still a little bit of fresh water left but not enough for both of us. I've noticed that David keeps turning away from me and rifling through his jacket. I think he is up to something, but I don't know what.

Narator POV

Unseen to Oliver, David is loading a Smith & Wessen Pistol.

Oliver POV

I noticed that David stopped moving so much whatever he is up to. I think it will be now.

David POV

I can't believe I'm going to do this to Oliver, but I have a kid I need to get back home to. Oliver is just a spoiled kid who isn't going anywhere in life.

Oliver POV

All of a sudden, I noticed David was slowly turning towards me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something in his hand. I realized it's a gun. David's going to shoot me! All of a sudden, he starts to talk about his son that he has at home. I figured out he was going to shoot me so he could go home to his son. But I'm not ready to die.

Narator POV

When David pointed the gun at Oliver, he was expecting the spoiled little troublemaker that he had known to be scared. Instead of a scared kid, he got a glimpse of the type of man he would become. Oliver lunged at did and grabbed the gun, and started to push it away from him. While Oliver was pushing the gun away, David started to strengthen his grip. Until David made the mistake of pulling the gun closer to him to try and shake Oliver's grip. The next thing they both knew, there was a bullet in David's chest.

Oliver's POV

I-I-shot him-I shot D-David. I can't believe that just happened, "David, I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to shoot you." David said."It's alright, Oliver. I was trying to do the same to you. Just promise me you will tell my family i died on the boat."

Narators POV

Hear that Oliver promised him he would tell his family he died on the boat. Oliver drifted for 3 more days with the corpse of David. Finally , when he sees land ahead, he starts to paddle to the island. Upon landing on the island, he drags David's corpse into a shaded area to give him a proper burial. After carving David's name into a piece of driftwood. I set it atop his grave and paid my respects.

Oliver's POV

After burying David, I walked over to the raft to salvage out of it what I could. I made it halfway until suddenly I felt red hot pain in my right shoulder blade. I look down to see an arrow protruding through my right pectoral. The next thing I see is blackness.

Narrator POV Switch

We see Barry Allen boarding a boat to China through a projection. ?????? Is enraged that his plans have been ruined?????? Asks Gideon, "Does Barry Allen still become the flash?" Gideon replies "yes sir."

?????? POV

I guess I will let this play out to see what becomes of this.

Barry's POV

I only had $90 dollars left, so I couldn't pay for that nice of a trip. So I am on a small fishing trolley, which isn't one of the better boats to be on in the deep sea, but it's manageable. Whilst on the trip, I tried to learn more Filipino than what little I could say.

Narators POV

Whilst Barry was trying to occupy the time passing, the crew were getting g more and more frightened of the storm they're going through. All of a sudden, there was a lightning strike on the mast of the ship. The lighting cause the sail to catch fire and damage the mast. The boat is fitted with an on board motor, but it's not meant to be used without the sail. Due to the motor not being powerful enough, the boat couldn't make it over the next wave and was flipped upside down and destroyed.

Barry's POV

After seeing the damage done by the lightning, I went down to the lower deck to not get struck by lightning. When I reached the bottom level, I felt weightless for a second. Wh-whats going on? When I landed back on the ground, I noticed that the ground was above me. Then I started to feel significant g forces on my body. I watched as the hull of the ship started to fall apart. I grabbed the biggest piece of wood I could and hung on for dear life.

Narrator's POV

Barry didn't let go of that piece of wood for 5 days. He had no fresh water, no food, and nothing but the clothes on his back. He finally loosened his grip when he saw land ahead. Barry started to kick his legs to reach the island. When he landed, he saw a deflated life raft.

Barry's POV

Someone else is here! I'm not alone! I can't believe someone else is here to, they must have shipwrecked to. As I walk past the raft, I see a pile of rocks in the shape of a grave. Whoever was shipwrecked must have had someone with them who died. After reading the name on the grave, I walked back to the raft, and then I felt a stabbing pain in my thigh. When I looked down, I saw a crude looking arrow sticking out of my thigh. Before I passed out, I noticed a man in a green hood with a bow in his hands.

Narrator's POV

Barry Allen and Oliver Queen have arrived in purgatory. The first part of the Crucible.