5. Sprinter

Before reading this chapter, I recommend everyone catch up with the current manga. If you haven't, you may not understand the context of some scene as well as some characters that aren't explicitly named. It isn't necessary however I really do think catching up with the current manga will enrich the experience, also the story in the manga is getting juicy so it's fun anyways.

"The trial shall commence now."

Your eyes jolted open, the wide scenery of a court hall filling your view The court house was dark, barren almost. The only source of light available in the moment shined down upon you, as the sole eye in the center of the crowd. You could hear things, see shadows of people, yet no actual figures had reached your sight. There were people, no doubt about it, yet only you existed.

Looking over you were thirteen individual podiums, a disfigure standing on each. Their figures were distinguishable compared to the shadows of the jury, yet you were unable to see details like facial features. Even without that vital key information, you could still feel the overbearing power each of them held over your singular life, like a human debating whether to step on a simple bug or not. It was terrifying.

The figure in the middle held up a mallet and slammed it down against the table, Signaling the start of the trail. His deep and malicious voice spoke up towards you.

"[Name] [Lastname], how do you plea?"

"Plea?" You questioned, hysteria lining the edges of your voice. "What do you mean plea?? Where am I? How did I get here?! Who are you people?!"

Your words caused the tall figure to frown further, the tone becoming even more dark than it was before. "We do not tolerate deceit in this court house. Shall I remind you of your crimes against the Gods?"

Taking your silence as a yes, he continued. "You have become much too prideful for our taste. Your humans have become arrogant, sinful and most of all you are arrogant. You truly believe you are on the level of us Gods? How foolish. Tell me, have you created a universe? Have you invented new life? Built the bridges between worlds? controlled the thunder rain and sky all with one mighty hand? No, you haven't, because you're human."

"I never claimed to do any of that shit! You all must be out of your minds-"

"There!" One of the voices from the podium interrupted you. "Right there! You just proved the indomitable human arrogance! How absolutely dare you use such a foul word in the presence of the Gods!"

"You humans think you have the right to modify the world we so graciously bestowed upon you. You think you can pollute the oceans we hand crafted, drill and dig up the earth we synthesize, ruin the ecosystems of what we've built. It's a disgrace to us, like spitting in our face."

"How can you blame me for all of that?!" You argued. "I'm an individual, these problems are because of the entire race! If you want to fix the problems, you have to talk to community leaders and politicians! I don't have the power to-"

Once again, the Gods cut you off. This time, a multitude of voices coming from the podium spoke up against your existence.

"What a typical human response, you're afraid of punishment so you're trying to punish everyone else too. How sinful."

"This is why I loathe human beings, such spiteful creatures."

"Why are we doing this stupid trial anyways? We all know she should be hung for her crimes against nature!"

"That wasn't what I-"

once again, your defense was cut off by the shadow in the middle

"Enough. It is obvious the jury finds the defendant guilty of all charges against the Gods. It is time, how will you repent for your sins, little one?"