50. Losing Himself

Start from the beginning

"Oh...what are you doing here Uttara?" asked Ragini, getting up from the bench she was sitting on.

"Well, I texted Laksh where you guys were and he told me you both were in this park. So, we came to pick you up. Well, Sanskar came to pick you up, I mean. Me and Laksh will be going home now."

"Why would you inform your brother where we were after I just told you everything?!" Ragini glared at Laksh.

"Oi! Uttara just asked me where we were. She informed Sanky. How was I supposed to know?"

"You're an idiot like always!" Ragini huffed out with a roll of her eyes.

"Well, takes one to know one."

"So you do accept that you are one."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"ENOUGH!" hollered Sanskar. "Get in the car Ragini. Now!"

Ragini glared at him with all hate she could muster.

Uttara was the same beside him. "What are you doing Sanky? You said you'll try to fix thing between you two. Not ruin it further!" she whisper shouted at him.

But Sanskar was too far gone in rage to care.

"Bhai, calm down. She'll go with you anyways. You don't need to boss her around." Laksh meant it in a joking way, but only got a glare from his brother.

"Don't think you know us after not being here for over a year. Now move!" with a shove, he pushed Laksh back and grabbed Ragini's wrist.

Even when she resisted, he forcefully pulled her off towards his car.

Laksh tried to follow, but was held back by Uttara. "No Laksh. He's right. We weren't here. Let them sort it out themselves. We shouldn't interfere. Let's go home."

Laksh watched as Sanskar left with Ragini as he walked away with Uttara. 'Okay. I'll let them sort it out...for now.'

#With Sanskar and Ragini#

Ragini grit her teeth as the car swiveled right at a turn. Sanskar was driving like a mad man. 'Well, if I die here, I guess it will stop the pain that I've been going through in my heart for a year.' she thought humourlessly.

Her thoughts came to a halt as she felt the car jerk forward. Sanskar had halted the car and made it come to a sudden stop.

"Get out."

"Wh-what?"

"I said Get. Out."

Ragini was about to question him again when she saw how tight he was gripping the steering wheel. His eyes, although looking ahead, looked so fierce that Ragini felt as if she was sitting beside a feral animal.

No matter their differences, she knew him better than anyone else. And she knew he was asking her to get out not for himself, but for her own good. Because he wouldn't be able to stop once the terrible thoughts in his head comes out spilling through his mouth. He knew she would be the target and that's he was giving her a solution.

An escape so that he doesn't ruin their strained relationship further.

Ragini silently nodded and timidly got off the car, watching him as he drove away, looking at her in the mirror with a gaze that seemed terribly apologetic, as well as ...betrayed? Ragini didn't understand what she did wrong to make him feel that way.

#With Sanskar#

Sanskar drove at full speed towards his office.

He felt like breaking something.