2

SABRINA WAS IN HER ROOM,SITTING ON THE BED WITH HER LEGS CROSSED

Visits started. 

The door loudly opened and Sabrina looked up.

"Three minutes." The peacekeeper told them both and then closed the door.

Sabrina got up and rushed into the man's arms,a sob exiting her as soon as the lemony scent hit her.

 "Hey,little sister."Her brother whispered brokenly,swininging them slowly back adn forth. He rubbed her back as she cried.

"I'm.."Another sob."I'm scared,Max."

"I know,my dove."He whispered and Sabrina's heart broke at the nickname her mother used to call her."You'll be okay,Sabrina. Finn will help you and train you and you'll come back to me."

"I love you,Max." Sabrina whispered when the tears stopped falling."Be careful. Don't eat the food they give you,lock yourself in the house,don't let anyone-"

"Time's up." The peacekeepers opened the door loudly and were about to grab Max before Max pulled away by his will,gave his sister a look and exited. The peacekeepers closed the door and locked it. 

Sabrina slid against the wall behind her,crouching her body as sobs left her mouth.

All she felt was fear. 

Sabrina knew what the games did to people. She knew what they did to victors. She watched what victors went through.

She watched what Finnick went through. He was forced to go to interviews and smile,he was forced into prostitution by Snow. But when he was alone with Sabrina, he would be happy for a short time.

Nightmares would wake him up every night. He would scream and trash in Sabrina's arms. He would sob until her shirt was soaked as if you just poured a bucket of water on her. He fell apart a thousand times,only to get back up the same thousand times. He would throw up as soon as he got off the stage at the Victory tour. His prep team and his mentor,Mags had to call Sabrina from four in the middle of the  night to calm him down because he had a nightmare on a panic attack after seeing one of his triggers.

Haymitch Abernathy,another victor Sabrina was close to. He turned to alchohol after winning the games. It was impossible for him to stay sober because wherever he'd look,he would see dead people. 

Sabrina hit her head violently against her knees,a loud pained scream leaving her mouth. 

She didn't want to end up dead.

But at the same time,she didn't want to be someone she wasn't in front of the cameras and then go home and be a burden to Finnick. Even know,with all her phobias and trauma from when Finnick  was in the games,even now she felt like a burden to him. He had his share of trauma and he didn't need her broken as well.

Sabrina wasn't ready. She has been prepared for this moment her whole life,but still here she was as she cried on the floor,screamed and hit her head on her knees in fear and desperation.

***

Sabrina followed Margot on the train,an emotionless expression on her face. The male tribute from district four,Maven trailing behind her. Margot showed them around the train,but Sabrina wasn't listening to her. She was in her mind. Her mind was finally quiet,thanks to the nails that she dug into her palms in an attempt to distract herself from the fear.

"This is the main room." Margot led them down the hall into a room with a couch,tv and table with chairs around it.

The door at the end of the room opened and Nora's body tensed.

"Ah,Finnick!Meet your tributes-"

Margot cut herself off with a gasp because Finnick ran towards Sabrina and wrapped his arms around her,pulling her into him.Sabrina hugged him tightly,squeezing her eyes and refusing to cry. The scent of salty water filled her nose as Finnick buried his head into her hair,breathing in her strawberry and lemony scent.

She heard Margot whispering to Maven something about leaving the room and privacy. The door closed and as soon as it did,Sabrina let out a sob she was sucsessfully holding.

"Hey,hey Sabby,look at me."Finnick pulled away to cup her cheeks in his hands. Sabrina shook her head,her stare on the floor as her body shook with sobs."Sabby,please look at me."

Sabrina finally looked up into his beautiful teary eyes. She leaned her forehead against his and her arms were around his neck,playing with his golden locks.

"Do you think..."She whispered,her voice raspy from all the screaming from this morning."Do you think I can win?"

"I know you can,Sabrina." His tone was serious as his eyes searched hers."And I'll help you with that. I just need you to promise,that after your first kill in there,you remeber me and remeber that I'm watching and that I need you home."

Sabrina hated promises. Her mother promised to be here forever,and then a few weeks later Sabrina was planning her funeral.

But this was Finnick,she reminded herself. Her Finnick. The Finnick that taught her how to swim,how to fish. The Finnick that stitched her wounds up after training. The love of her life. Her future. Her rock.

So,Sabrina did one thing she never thought she'd be able to after her mother dying.

"I promise."She nodded  and pressed a kiss on his soft lips."I'll come back to you."

"Good."He nodded. He led Sabrina to the couch and sat down next to her."Sugar cube?"He asked as he reached to the table behind him and gave her a bowl full of sugar cubes. A quiet laugh escaped her as she watched her boyfriend pop a sugar cube into his mouth,lifiting his brows.

"Who in their right mind gave you sugar cubes?"Sabrina asked,a smile on her lips.

"Oh,I'm not that bad."He scoffed,wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side.

"Once you woke up in the middle of the night and started eating sugar cubes from your pocket."Sabrina snorted."Think again."

"I like your smile."Sabrina suddenly said."Makes you look more handsome."

"Oh?"He raised his brows teasingly and Sabrina rolled her eyes. He leaned,his lips dangerslouly close to her neck."I like you better under me with no clothes."

"Finnick!"Sabrina gasped,wrapping a hand around his mouth. He smirked widely as he looked up at her,unbothered.

"Yes,love?"

Sabrina let out a laugh and moved her hand before pulling him into a loving kiss.