1.1 chapter one ✔️

Start from the beginning

"I think they look cute." Millie defended as she looked at the fresh pair of leggings. But despite her best attempt to remain confident in the outfit she was in, Farrah's judgy eyes on her was enough to make her crumble. Without another word, the girl scurried away to change.

     The second she was out of ear shot, Lance's laughter rumbled. "You're such a bitch." Lance was pretty much the only person on the island who dared go up against the Montgomery girl. Not that he ever did. The two were usually on the same page.

     "Whatever. Those leggings made me want to gauge my eyes out." Farrah spat in annoyance. "Who ever said tights are pants?"

     "Someone in severely need of a lobotomy, obviously."

     Lance and Farrah were currently parked outside of Millie's house. Summer was in, and the trio intended to spend it tanning on the beach at day, and partying at night. Despite crowned as the pogue princess, Farrah managed to land an invite to every party on the island— kook and pogue. An honorary kook if you will. Maybe it was her striking appearance, or maybe it was the attitude problem, but Farrah remained the only pogue kooks didn't mind having around. It only furthermore boosted her delusion that she was better than the rest of the habitants of The Cut.

     Millie was quick to change out of the hideous leggings, sliding into the back of Lance's car. The ride to the beach was short, and Farrah was happy when her feet hit the sand. The golden hues of sand stretched along the shoreline, the ocean kissing it softly with the waves lapping over the sand. Her purple bikini complimented her skin as she sat down on the towel neatly stretched on the ground.

     Lance and Millie indulged in a lengthy conversation surrounding whatever superficial topic they found important while Farrah stared off into the water. Her tawny eyes slipped over his body as he manoeuvred through the waves, the water grazing his glistening skin glowingly.

     John Booker Routledge. With tousled tawny dark hair and eyes so amber any girl could go weak in the knees. The Routledge boy was loud and outgoing, his friend group consisting of fellow pogues. Farrah never really interacted with him, what with wanting to keep herself clean of any stds he without a doubt carried. It was a known fact around the island that he got around. And Farrah wasn't one for leftovers.

     "He's so hot." Millie sighed from between Lance and Farrah as she followed Farrah's gaze. The three watched the dark haired boy exit the water, his surfboard tucked neatly underneath his arm.

     "Waste of a good face if you ask me." Lance sighed as he pulled his sunglasses off. "I mean— you'd have to have zero self respect to get with him, right?"

     "Right. He gets around." Millie hummed in agreement.

     "M, you get around." Farrah snapped back, tearing her gaze away from the boy. The Parker girl went red in embarrassment.

     Lance hummed in amusement. "At least she's not stuck on some psychotic boy." Although true, his words were nothing but harmless. The two could hurl insults back and forth in lightheartedness. Millie was different; she was more sensitive. There was nothing wrong with the slight bit emotional girl, but between Farrah and Lance she often times fell offended or embarrassed. It was the cost of befriending the duo.

     Farrah had a horrible habit of ending up with the wrong guy. She wasn't quite sure if it was something about her that attracted them, or if it was something about them that attracted her. Either way— the Montgomery girl just wouldn't stop falling for grade A assholes. And Rafe Cameron was a whole other level of asshole.

     The girl had managed to go the longest time without letting anyone know there was anything happening between her and the Cameron boy, but Lance knew her better than anyone. And when he saw the stolen glances whenever in the presence of Rafe, he put two and two together. Millie had yet to be filled in on the fact. Farrah had demanded Lance didn't tell her. It wasn't like she did it to purposely leave the girl out, but she just couldn't be trusted. The girl was a yapper to anyone who would listen, and Farrah didn't need the entire island knowing about her fling with the Cameron boy.