Fireworks without you just aren't the same

Hello hello- so as I've already said in the desc of this story, this is a Yelumi one shot for lantern rite of this year because it absolutely sucked lmao, enjoy this tiny piece I wanted to deliver ig. Will include characters we haven't seen in there, unfortunately not all of em will be there- also the canon for this thing is all taken from the og Yelumi fic so yeah

Liyue was as buzzing as one could imagine on Lantern Rite. It was the biggest event of the year, not to mention the one that made Liyue stand out from most of Teyvat. Lantern Rite was a time for joy, reunion, to have a good time with friends around a few snacks or two, and then going to enjoy the gorgeous fireworks on the Harbor, maybe having a little drink after, and to bask in the afterglow of the festivities even days after the event was finished. And so far, it had gone well for Lumine and her new friend, Gaming. At first, Lumine was scared that he wouldn't be able to reconcile with his father about his career choice as a Wushou Dancer in Liyue, but one hug from Gaming's father to his son and a little talk with Shuyu afterwards told Lumine everything she needed to know. And now, as every festival usually goes, when the main event is over, everyone usually goes for some extra food or goes to talk to people they know. Lumine decided to take the direction of the main alley in Liyue Harbor, where all the stalls for various specialties and trinkets to buy were lined up. The traveler was glad she was alone, as she had given Paimon free rein to do whatever she wanted to do for tonight, and the little floating being was probably stuffing herself with delicacies from Xiangling.

Lumine went up to one too many stalls, and ended up shoving about a thousand things in her pocket dimension. Everything from origamis made by Qiqi and Yaoyao, new book recommendations from Xingqiu and Chongyun, and even free adepti themed sculpted figurines from Xinyan and Yunjin as a gift for helping them with their show from the year prior. And now Lumine was left with two locations where she could go, either the Jade Chamber or the Golden House. The traveler smirked, knowing where she'd go to first. Soon enough, the Harbor lights left her vision as she knocked on the Golden House doors, as she was one hundred percent sure Tartaglia would be there, either waiting for her or fighting some of his Fatui colleagues for fun, or once again bribing the guards to let him use the place as a fighting arena for the fourth time this week. The traveler didn't receive any response from the inside, and without much thought, she kicked the doors open with no regard for the consequences whatsoever. As soon as the heavy doors hit the inner wall, Lumine immediately caught Tartaglia in her arms, the poor man practically falling from above as if he were a meteorite. Lumine chuckled as she looked at his embarrassed reaction, hiding his face in his hands.

 "You certainly know how to make an entrance, Tarts. What in Teyvat were you doing up there? I don't recall you being able to magically materialize from thin air." The traveler raised an eyebrow, setting the Harbinger back to his feet, the flush still visible on his face.

"Well, I was decorating the place... it felt a bit sad and lonely without you or your brother here, so I had to make this a little bit cozier for me. Plus, it's all lantern rite themed, and I think it's rather charming, no? Unless you find this a bit too... silly on my part to do." Tartaglia said as he pointed to the upper walls of the Golden House. Lumine was impressed as she couldn't figure out how the Harbinger managed to climb up there without breaking a leg, and sticking all of these kites on the wall while holding on to practically nothing. The kites were all Suanni-inspired doodles, and rather beautiful ones at that. Lumine was willing to bet at least half her Mora savings that Aether had made them for Tartaglia, maybe as a cute gesture to celebrate the new year with his partner.