Synopsis

SOUL REAPER, by Sky Farron

A spooky ongoing series starring generations of mythological experts descended from The Grim Reaper. Along with their friends, they constantly find themselves on the world's bad side. Join them as they struggle against real monsters, the kind that take human form. It's a gradual story of acceptance, coming-of-age, and the enemy within.

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
Welcome to Soul Reaper! This novel is actually a collection of novels, in sequential order. Each one takes place a good while after the last, and features a rotating cast of characters. The stories span the ages, from medieval times, all the way into the distant future, and beyond! The world they're set in is as realistic as possible, with a hint of the supernatural and some spiritual themes. Most of the problems are centered around interpersonal conflicts, rather than cackling supervillains or evil alien overlords... but don't worry, we'll get there. Paranormal & fairy-tale themes are translated into symbolism and real-world examples, similar to Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy. Sometimes the scariest things we can face are the ones we face close to home! Commonly featured is love, trauma, good vs. evil, and animal analogy.

The vibe is generally somewhat noir, but each work is intended to be of a different genre, which will be specified in its title page, so tones can vary pretty wildly. Think of it like a ghostly tour around the world, and across time! It's also full of jokes, which tend to be pretty wry, and a lot of "wait a minute..." The whole series is a bit like an Adult Swim version of Sherlock Holmes, for teens and younger adults.

The story is heavily environmentalist and LGBT+ friendly, with a diverse range of perspectives being reflected from all corners of the globe. Mature subject matter will come up from time to time. The general rating is 14A, but it can range from PG-13 to outright 18A! Extreme content will be labelled as such. Viewer discretion is advised.

Thank you very much for subscribing, and enjoy the Soul Reaper novels!

SOUL REAPER and all related titles, trademarks, logos, characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are exclusive property of SKY FARRON. All Rights Reserved.

All characters, events, and institutions herein are fictional. Any similarity between any of the names, characters, persons, events, and/or institutions to actual names, characters, and person, whether living or dead, events, and/or institutions is unintended and purely coincidental.

Grim the Reaper © Sky Farron 2007-2019
Soul Reaper © Sky Farron 2020-2024