𝟎𝟖, ELUSIVE

NARRATORS POV

Vanessa's father , JAMES ST PATRICK, used to be a d-boy and was involved in the same life Zion got into , so you could say that the strong liking for weed  and street-life ran in the family

Vanessa's father , JAMES ST PATRICK, used to be a d-boy and was involved in the same life Zion got into , so you could say that the strong liking for weed  and street-life ran in the family .  Vanessa had her mothers last name and not her fathers because that's just how her mother wanted it to be .James died from being shot in the back and head , with Vanessa witnessing everything .

It went down like this, James and Vanessa were having a father - daughter day  and Vanessa asked if he and her mother could come to her 13th birthday and be kind to each other .  James and Lauren's arguments were terrible they'd choke each other and use vulgar language in front of younger Vanessa whilst she cried and had Zion cover her ears and take her out the house .

They were stopped by police officers , James felt irritated at how they were constantly bothering with him .  Vanessa worried for her father and asked her father to keep his hands where they could be seen as she did the same but he shook this off and told her she didn't need to worry .

" hey get out the car !" The officer ordered Vanessa . She did as told not taking her eyes off her father.
" yo, you can't be doin this shit to my daughter !" He yelled in his thick New York accent before being dragged out of the car and having his body slammed into the front of the car.

Vanessa cried as she watched this trying to get out of her cuffs to get to her father but it was no use .
" hey baby, just stay calm for daddy , leave the cuffs alone ." James gently said to the girl .

This right here served as another reason as to why Vanessa was warned to not get involved in this life .

James came closer to his daughter to comfort her attempting to get something out his pocket until the officer assumed he was doing something he wasn't supposed he was shot in the back and in the head .

Vanessa screamed at the top of her lungs in sorrow seeing her father losing blood on that cold ground .
She cried like she never had before , the girl got closer to his body still in cuffs and kissed his forehead .