I levitate my professor

The three girls walked through the ancient hallways being led by Camila, who held a map which was given to all the first years

The three girls walked through the ancient hallways being led by Camila, who held a map which was given to all the first years. Melody said good morning to as many paintings as she could. Now that she knew the people in it were basically alive, she felt that she should treat them with the same manners as someone who was not 2D. Eventually, after what felt like hours of walking, they arrived at the great hall. If you could not already tell, Melody was the type of person who got slightly irritable when she was hungry. Some people might like to say hangry even.

Melody sat in the first empty seat she saw and started loading her plate with all kinds of baked goods, fruits and a bowl of cereal by the side. She still was quite unsure of pumpkin juice and decided to stick to orange. It wasn't bad per se, she just didn't understand why these people loved it so much.

Professor Sprout came round with their timetables and they all had charms first period. "Yay! I finally get to use my wand. How exciting" Melody squealed. "Right, like I tried to use it to light a candle and it did not go well." Camila replied "I singed my brother's hair". The girls laughed as they looked over to see Hugo's, now healed, hair.

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

"Alright students, please stand at the back. I will call your names from this seating chart". Professor Flitwick began calling students names in a random order. "Melody Rowe" she made her way to a table on the far side of the room "Regulus Black". She faltered ever so slightly when she heard his name. There's that rather odd boy again.

Melody sat in her seat, with a new goal, not to learn charms but to befriend this strange person. "Hello there, I'm Melody, although you probably already heard from the register" she held out her hand for him to shake. Nothing. Not even a hint of a welcoming smile. He just glanced at her hand and Left. Her. Hanging. She quickly dropped it after realising he wasn't going to shake it wow real smooth Melody. No hard feelings, maybe he had a thing about germs or was deaf. Should I learn sign language? No that's stupid.

"Well aren't you a ball of sunshine" still nothing. This guy was an actual robot.

"Please can everyone turn your books to page 3. Today we will be learning a very simple levitation charm, wingardium leviosa. Everyone lift your wands it will be a simple swish and flick. And remember enunciate. "

Melody lifted her wand and placed the feather in front of her "Wingardium Leviosa" swish and flick. "PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANCE! I AM BEING QUITE SERIOUS WHOEVE-" Melody dropped her wand in shock and at that moment Flitwick dropped to the floor with a thud. A few students rushed to his aid, Melody included, whilst the rest of the class laughed at the befuddled teacher.

Melody walked back to her seat, Regulus was not laughing but he certainly looked amused, maybe he's a sadist.

Class ended shortly after, Melody went to Camila and Isabelle's desk so that they could walk to potions together. The potions teacher, Professor Slughorn, was a very cheerful and enthusiastic man. Potions was gonna be fun "Come in, come in everyone. Welcome to an introduction to potions making. Here you will learn how to brew the deadliest of potions or maybe life saving one" Yeah, potions was definitely going to be fun.

They got to pick their own seats this time so Camila, Isabelle and Melody made their way to a table of four. They were joined by a Ravenclaw boy, Elijah Hawthorne. "Hey there ladies, mind if I join you"

"Of course not" Melody replied as he sat next to the very red Isabelle. "Isabelle, right?"

"y-yes" she cleared her throat "yeah, that's me", Elijah flashed her a smile and turned to face the front of the class. Camila shuffled closer to Melody "Who does this guy think he is?" she whispered.

"My thoughts exactly. How are you 11 and hitting on girls already we've quite literally been here for a singular day" Melody scoffed at the boy. Camila smiled, "apparently Sirius Black managed to get a fan club after being here for a month"

"Black? Regulus' brother?"

"Yeah, he's a year above us in Gryffindor" You learn something new everyday. To Melody's dismay they did not brew anything that day, since they had to be acquainted with all the ingredients, where to find them, different instruments used when brewing and health and safety hazards.

৹৹ ◊◈⁕⁘⁕◈◊৹৹

It was the end of the day and Melody was exhausted to say the least. Despite this, they somehow already received homework and Melody didn't want to leave it till last minute. If there was one tip she could take from her sister and still apply to her life despite the new circumstances, it was do your homework when you get it. Also she was quite excited to see the library. Melody was determined to learn the school like the back of her hand. She really did not like being lost, she wasn't afraid to ask for help she just didn't like the feeling of not recognising her surroundings.

She finally found her way to the library and had to few hours before dinner to complete everything. Luckily it was just some pre-reading or research about whatever they learnt in lessons. She went to find a table, when she spotted flaming red hair in her peripheral vision. "Lily! Hey", Lily looked up from her notes "Melody, great to see you! Please sit" Melody dumped her school bag on the chair next to her.

"How have you been finding your first day?" Lily inquired, setting her work aside. "It's been awesome, all this new stuff is crazy. I still do a double take when I see a random floating object or a picture talk" Lily laughed, remembering how she felt when she was a first year too "It's so different from the muggle world isn't it. Like before I would have to keep getting up if I needed something that was across the room but now I have a simple spell that will bring it to me"

"Hey you should come sit with me and my friends at breakfast tomorrow. They want to meet you. You can bring your friends too if they want to come."

"Really, thank you. I'll ask them at dinner" they continued on with their work discussing about the muggle world and Lily telling her the perks of now having magic. Before they knew it, there were only a few minutes till dinner. They both packed away and made their way to the great hall.

Melody saw her friends at their table already so she waved goodbye to Lily and sat by her friends. "How do you guys feel about joining some second year gryffindors for breakfast tomorrow?" Melody asked them both with a large grin. Isabelle choked on her pumpkin juice "Why *cough* us?"

"Well, I'm friends with Lily and she invited us to join her and her friends."

"Oh it'll be fine Iz, some of them are quite literally months older than us" Camila said trying to convince Isabelle. "Speak for yourself" retorted Melody, "my birthday is in July"

"aww you're a baby" Isabelle cooed reaching over to pinch her cheeks. "Stop" Melody huffed as she slapped Isabelle's hands away. "No but you're such a Summer child. I could not see you being a Winter baby" Melody ate her dinner silently, sulking and pretending to be mad at them but she didn't last long when she saw their faces both holding back laughter. This was the day Melody realised she could never make it as an actor or as a professional poker player.