Tom wonders if Griphook is saying this because he's coated in Evelynn's magic, or if it's a standard procedure since you can only try once. With a mental shrug, Tom replies, "Very well then."

After providing seven drops of blood for the test, the results declare him free from any controlling spells and substances.

After a moment, Tom asks, "And Evelynn's magic? You said it's on me?"

Griphook shrugs and responds, "This test is specifically designed to detect anything that would cause a Lordship Ring to reject someone. If it wasn't detected, Miss Peverell's magic could simply be overpowering because she brought you here."

Tom nods, saying, "That sounds likely, she shadowed us straight from Hogwarts here."

Griphook grimaces, then nods, saying, "I trust she'll be taking you back as well." He doesn't want to come across as disrespectful, especially not to a being like her, but she is terrifying.

Tom nods and asks, "Is there a problem?"

"She's probably waiting in the front lobby, and I'm sure the tellers are finding it harder than ever to work."

Tom chuckles, saying, "She can be distracting when she wants to be." And even when she isn't actively trying.

Griphook gives him another peculiar look, as if the Goblin knows exactly what he's thinking, then pulls out a small box. "Push a small bit of your magic into this. It will summon any Lordship Rings available for you to claim."

Tom does as instructed and sees a ring. It's a silver Ouroboros, detailed to the point where he can see individual scales on the snake, with two emerald eyes - undoubtedly, it's Slytherin's Lordship Ring.

Griphook grimaces and declares, "The 'Lordship Ring' the Gaunts use is not a true Lordship Ring. The Goblins have inspected it; it is something, but not a Lordship Ring. Therefore, once Gringotts verifies it, the Lordship automatically becomes yours, granting you Emancipation."

Tom signs Emancipation papers for Gringotts' records. In doing so, he legally becomes the Lord of Gaunt, changes his name to 'Tom Marvolo Slytherin', and then reaches for the box.

Griphook instructs, "Put the Ring on your right ring finger. If it accepts you, you'll know." This implies there's likely another test, one given by the Ring itself.

Well, everyone knows Slytherin was paranoid...

Upon placing the Ring on his finger, he experiences a sharp, stabbing sensation, as if fangs were piercing his skin, despite the ring remaining stationary. A wave of magic washes over him, settling beneath his skin as the ring vanishes from sight. He presumes his acceptance as Lordship, given his continued existence.

Griphook announces, "Congratulations, Lord Slytherin. You've been accepted."

In response, Tom nods his thanks, invests in thriving businesses from Evelynn's original era - like Zonko's and Nimbus Brooms - and expresses his gratitude to Griphook before taking his leave. He arranges for Griphook to send a 'notice' of his Lordship claim eligibility post-audit, as a precautionary measure against Dumbledore. Griphook responds with a toothy grin, promising to initiate the paperwork.

Not finding Evelynn in the bank, he discovers her waiting invisibly outside. He follows a familiar sensation into a nearby alley where Evelynn becomes visible, grinning as she asks, "How'd it go?"

"Very well. The Slytherin and Gaunt Lordships have essentially merged, and I combined my vault with the Slytherin accounts." He sounds smug, and for good reason. Despite initial rejection from both worlds, especially the Wizarding World, he's now carving out his own high-ranking position. Few would be foolish enough to cross a recognized descendant of Slytherin.