CHAPTER 13

BEOMGYU'S POV

With tears brimmed on my face, I closed the ward's door since Y/N was asleep. I asked the doctors about what her condition actually is about.

The doctor began.

Doctor : Chest pains due to blockage in coronary artery. It either requires surgery or temporary treatment. Chest pains could be acute to very severe. It depends.

Doctor : Also-

I looked at them with a frown.

Doctor : The tumor in her brain is continuously increasing.

Beomgyu : What tumor ?

Doctor : Cerebellar tumor. It's growing in the cerebellum of her brain. It can be surgically removed provided the risks.

Beomgyu : W-What risks?

Doctor : Neuroendoscopy comes with a lot of risks, Sir. It might improve the symptoms and increase her life span by few years but it cannot fully cure her. But the surgery can itself be harmful. Please make a wise decision.

He said and left. I looked at her from the glass on the door.

My girl had to bear a lot. I should've been with her all this time. I should not have treated her like that in the past. I'm sorry, my love.

Suddenly, someone came running towards me. The expression on his face were clearly showing 'worry'. I frowned at the figure in front of me since I didn't like his presence here. Out of nowhere, he pushed me aside and entered the room. I followed him and held him by his shoulder.

Beomgyu : What do you think you're doing, Sung-hoon?

Sung-hoon : I should have done this earlier.

Beomgyu : Leave.

Sung-hoon : It's you who should leave.

Beomgyu : She's mine to take care of. It has nothing to do with you. And who told you about her?

Sung-hoon : Heeseung. And it does have a lot to do with me.

Beomgyu : Didn't you hear me? I want you to leave.

Sung-hoon : Why don't you?

He was getting on my nerves. I took him outside the room and punched his cheek.

Before he could punch me back, a nurse came and glared at us. He put back his hand down.

Sung-hoon : Is there something going on between you two?

Beomgyu : It should not bother you.

Sung-hoon : But it is bothering me.

Beomgyu : Not my business to take care of.

Sung-hoon : Does dad know about this?

Beomgyu  Neither it should bother him.

Sung-hoon : Oh, I get it now. She's that girl, isn't she?

I went quiet and looked at her. I sighed and made a deep eye contact with Sung-hoon.

Beomgyu : She is.

Sung-hoon : Give up on her.

Beomgyu : And why would I ?

Sung-hoon : All this time, all you did was give her work and exhaust her. You didn't really care about her.

Beomgyu : I d-did give her a lot of work. I admit. But that doesn't mean I don't care for her.

Sung-hoon : Beomgyu.

He put his both hands on my either shoulder.

Sung-hoon : I like her. Give up on her. She wasn't even happier with you.

Beomgyu : It's you who should give up. You really tried to hit up on her during work hours. Do you think I didn't notice it all?

Sung-hoon : Atleast I didn't treat her like you did.

Beomgyu : She was my girlfriend back in high school and even now, she is meant to be with me.

Sung-hoon scoffed.

Sung-hoon : What if I tell dad about this? Do you think he will accept you with all of this?

Beomgyu : And do you think he would accept you too?

Sung-hoon : I-

Beomgyu : I admit I was a jerk earlier. But my love for her never came to an end. She was mine then and now. I'll take care of her till my last breath. So don't play dirty along, Sung-hoon.

I said and left.

_

I layed down on my bed with her letters in my hand. I read each one of the letters she wrote. Tears flooded my face as I re-read every line.

She did not deserve this.

I should have told her everything earlier. I should've helped her with everything.

'Regrets' were all written on my face. I really wanted to tell her how much I missed her. I really wanted to. I feel she must be assumings things but how do I tell her that,

I still love her to death.