"That was beautiful, J.J." I say, quietly tears in my eyes.

"I know. I am such a poet. Don't cry, Hadley, or I'll say sorry again." He threatens and I laugh.

I see Tyler walk out of the store and I wipe my tears away. When he gets in he hands me the test. I feel the nervous butterflies in my stomach. It doesn't feel right that Maddox isn't here with me to take the test and see the results.

"Do you think I should wait for Maddox? I feel like he should be with me when I do this." I explain.

"It's your call, babe." Tyler replies, but I hear the irritation in his voice.

I pull out my phone and call Maddox. He answers on the first ring.

"I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I can't believe I said that in front of everyone, it wasn't planned. I would hate me too, but I hate seeing you walk away from me. I can't handle it, it scared me and I panic. Please, don't leave me even if you're not pregnant. Please....just stay."

"Umm, I was calling because I want to take an at home pregnancy test and it doesn't feel right not telling you or you not being here."

"Don't do it without me, I want to be there. Please, wait for me. Where are you?"

"At the pharmacy on Main Street."

"Come to my place and take the test. I won't make you stay. I won't force you to do anything ever again. Please, let me be a part of this, even if I don't deserve it."

"Maddox says I can take the test at his house." I tell Tyler.

"Okay. Is that what you want?" Tyler asks.

I nod my head yes and Tyler starts the car heading towards Maddox's condo. "We should be there in ten to fifteen minutes." I tell, Maddox.

"I'll wait in the lobby."

"Okay. Bye." I say hanging up.

I feel sick. This is the worst feeling ever. I feel unprepared for the results whether it's positive or negative. I want to know but then again a part of me wants to remain in blissful ignorance. Maybe I should wait. No, I have to do this, I can do this. Either way, Maddox is right, it's a life it's not death. It's not a sad thing, it's a happy thing. If I'm not pregnant, I admit the relief would be huge. I'll be able to go to school and set up the life I planned to have. I must have zoned out lost in thought because the next thing I know we pulled up to the condo complex and with the slight weight of the test in my hands I get out of the car. Why does this thing weigh so little? It's feels like it should weigh more, I mean this may change my life and it only weighs a few ounces.

We all get out and walk to the entry. I see Maddox leaning back against the elevator. I see a slight bruise on his chin I didn't notice earlier. I can tell you this, if I am pregnant, he's not going to raise his hand against anyone ever again. No way in hell is our child going to learn that it's okay to fight.

His eyes don't leave me, he looks like he's in his own personal hell. He made his bed, I will not feel bad for him. He hits the button and the elevator doors open as we walk up to him. We all get in and Maddox punches in his code.

"Is this why you quit football? Because Hadley might be pregnant?" J.J. asks.

"No. I did it to spend more time with her either way. Plus, I want to make it to the office more than I am. Football was never my future, you know that."

"Still sucks. No one just quits their senior year." J.J. whines.

"Sorry, but someone else could benefit from my spot that actually wants to have a career in football." Maddox says, shrugging.

The elevator doors open and I'm the first out. I look at my hands. Just bite the bullet! I walk down the hallway to the bathroom and shut the door. I take the test out and stare at it. I must have stared at it for too long because I hear a knock. I open the door and Maddox is standing there with a thousand questions in his eyes.

"I haven't taken it yet." I answer.

"Do you need help?" He asks, seriously.

I can't help it, I laugh. "No, I'm just nervous. I can do it. I'll be out in a minute." I say shutting the door. I read the instructions and take the test. Putting the cap back on, I set the test on the counter and wash my hands. I know Maddox is waiting so I open the door.

"We have to wait three minutes." I say, quietly looking at the floor.

He steps up to me and hugs me against his chest. "I love you." He says, his voice filled with emotion.

"I know. I love you, too." I say. "Even if you are a possessive, asshole stalker."

"Ouch, kitten, that cut was deep." He huffs and I feel him smiling against my hair. "I'm so sorry about everything, even this. I was careless, it was avoidable, if I would have controlled myself."

"I was just as careless. I'm just as much to blame for this as you are." I say, honestly.

"How long has it been?" He asks.

"Give it another minute." I say.

"Is it bad that I'm excited about the possibility of you being pregnant?" He questions.

"Excited?" I yell.

"Yeah. Excited and scared shitless but excited nonetheless."

"Well, I feel scared shitless, too. But you're on your own with the excited part. I think that will come later if I am pregnant and once the shock wears off."

"Can we look now?" He begs.

"Nope."

"Please!"

"Fine. You look." I give in.

He releases me and walks over to the counter, I don't turn around. I just wait and I hear him let out a sharp breath. I wait for some sign about what the test says but nothing happens. I look over my shoulder and Maddox is sitting on the toilet, looking at the floor.