Week Seven, Friday

Start from the beginning

    The words seem to inspire Kizano, and he beams at her. “You’re absolutely right, darling. I’ll steal the spotlight no matter what!” He presses a kiss to her forehead, and Ayano feels her face warm.

    She doesn’t say anything about the action, because they’re already at the school. But, as Ayano walks to the Student Council room, she finds herself touching the spot, smiling.

    When Ayano gets to the room, she’s sidetracked from her usual work immediately.

    “Ayano,” Kuroko starts talking right away. “Akane is sick today. Will you please check on every club, and see if they need any help?”

    “Of course,” Ayano agrees quickly, and exits the room. She makes her way to each club, asking if there’s any problems that they need help fixing. Luckily, everyone says no. She is, however, roped into multiple conversations on her way through.

    The Photography Club, for one, is ecstatic to see her again. They’re quick to pull her into hugs, and after complimenting her for joining the Student Council, they convince her to take another picture on YanChat with them. After a short talk on why Ayano clearly needs to make an account for the app, the group lets her go.

    The next time she’s sidetracked is in the Science Club, which she should have expected. Kaga, as always, is excited to see her in the room, and once again offers her a chance to work with the team. And, as always, Ayano declines gratefully. She does take a moment to see what the club members have been dong, and is impressed when they show her an almost fully-functional robot. In a few weeks, they predict it will be finished. Ayano promises to check it out when it’s done, then continues on her route.

    The next interruption is in the Gaming Club, but that’s just Midori being Midori. The green-haired girl happily talks about how her favorite game developer finally responded to an email of hers...so she’s sending him twenty more. Ayano congratulates her, then quickly exits the room before she’s dragged into the never-ending conversation about Midori’s obsession with that poor game developer.

    The final time Ayano is sidetracked, she’s in the Martial Arts Club room. The club members are excited to see her, and Mina begs Ayano to watch the current sparring match: Mina against Budo. Ayano sticks around, and the next few minutes are spent watching Mina and Budo fight, their movements so quick and flawless that the spar almost looks like a dance. Eventually, though, it ends with Budo defeating Mina. Ayano compliments the two, then heads back to the Student Council room to report that no problems were found. The bell rings as soon as she finishes, and she heads to class.

    When Mido walks in, he acts flirtatious and calm. Throughout the lesson, he smiles and jokes, as if everything is normal. However, Ayano feels like something is off.

    His bright red face is a, well, red flag.

    When the bell rings for lunch, Ayano sighs and turns to Kizano.

    “I have to stay after for a few minutes. I’ll see you on the roof,” Ayano says.

    Kizano just sighs and stands. “Alright, darling, I’ll see you soon. Come on, Osano.”

    Ayano waits until the class is empty, except for her and Mido. Once the last student leaves, she faces her teacher.

    “Mido, what happened?”