Baki Characters x Tall Reader Headcanons

Featuring Jack Hanma, Kaoru Hanayama, Baki Hanma and Pickle! And a VERY tall reader. 

Jack Hanma

Jack is only interested in becoming stronger and, as he often likes to mention, has no time for mundane pleasures like women.

It just so happened that (Y/N) was getting her regular checkup at the time Jack was discharged from his last bone lengthening surgery. You accidentally bumped into him in the hospital halls and immediately apologized. Jack would have responded with his usual scowl if he didn't end up speechless and baffled at the fact he was looking someone right in the eyes.

He wasn't used to the feeling of encountering someone of the same height as him. He immediately regretted acting so silly and became somewhat flustered, attempting to mutter some generic scolding like "Just be more careful next time".

You were beaming at the fact there's someone as tall as you out there. Jack, on the other hand, was increasingly irritated by the knot forming in his stomach upon seeing your wide smile.

Truly exasperating. He could be training right now and instead he's awkwardly standing in front of a restaurant. He's gritting his teeth in annoyance, but his jaw instantly relaxes when he hears your voice greeting him.

He starts noticing that outings with you result in him being more focused and relaxed afterwards. You seem to have a calming effect on him. Most people are, in fact, very surprised to see you two together. Someone as stubborn and intense as Jack is now accompanied by a timid, welcoming woman.

A certain fulfillment begins to make its way into his heart. If he's going to fall for a woman, it should be someone like you. No, it HAS to be you. You're making him a better man and ground him when he's close to losing sight of what's ahead.

He would absolutely never show it, but Jack loves entering the fighting arena knowing that you're right behind, watching him. It's the motivation he never knew he needed.

Kaoru Hanayama

Hanayama noticed you were having trouble with some street hooligans and quietly interfered to shoo them away. He was planning to leave the same way, without any further words, but he couldn't help his curiosity.

He found it rather amusing that someone as imposing as you is, in fact, terribly shy. He'd wondered if you're a foreigner given he's never seen another girl like you. After his polite inquiries, he came to the realization that he finds your company extremely pleasant.

The first few dates were a challenge on whose turn it is to break the silence, with Hanayama's introverted nature and your initial sheepishness leading to clumsy but cute interactions. Later, Hanayama was surprised to hear himself talking more than usual, giving you glimpses of his life. He was prepared to be a faithful, stoic listener, yet the roles often switched and he'd find himself completely open with you.

Perhaps it's your warmth that invited him to be this raw and vulnerable, or your noble sincerity. Either way, he is grateful that you've allowed such intimacy to develop between the two of you.

Reputation is vital in the yakuza world, which is why Hanayama always strives to impress friends and foes alike. He couldn't have asked for a better partner to stand by his side. He's absolutely thrilled to introduce you as his, someone of his stature.

If you're ever feeling insecure about your height, he will remind you to stand proud as the soon-to-be wife of the family head. Everyone already refers to you as Ane-san and Hanayama demands that you're treated with the utmost respect.

Baki Hanma

The moment the young boy laid his eyes on you, his mouth hung out in amazement and he couldn't help but exclaim his admiration. Only afterwards had he realized his rudeness and profusely apologized, with his blush extending all the way to his ears. Hopefully he hadn't offended you in any way. You reassuring him with a friendly smile that you appreciate his compliment is what sealed the deal for him.

While your height caught Baki's attention, it's your personality that caused him to become entirely infatuated. You're so kind and caring and he finds himself helplessly addicted to your affection.

He doesn't mind the height difference and will constantly shower you with compliments, just in case you ever doubt yourself. Someone on the street giving the two of you funny looks? Baki will excuse himself for 5 minutes and will return with reddened knuckles. Nothing to worry about.

Even though you're much taller, he likes to remind you that you're still his precious darling. He loves to pick you up and carry you around like a princess. If he's feeling cheeky he might tease you like this in public until you're a blushing mess.

Pickle

Pickle immediately noticed you among the spectators to his fights. He was struck with a faint familiarity, a female human closer to what he would've expected to see back in his time.

He's intrigued and will do everything he can to see you again. Perhaps you'd even allow him to be your mate!

He loves that you're shy and soft spoken and enjoys lazing with his head in your lap, listening to your voice. It calms him down and helps him sleep.

He doesn't understand that your height is unusual and you might sometimes be self-conscious about it. To him, you look more normal than all those tiny humans and he cherishes your appearance.

You're the perfect height for him to rest his chin on your head. He'll often hug you from behind and just stand like that for as long as possible, purring lightly.