chapter fifty-eight

Start from the beginning

Ben's jaw dropped. "Really? That's awesome!"

"Tell him who it is," smirked Thomas.

"Delilah."

"Merlin! How did I not see that coming?"

"Oh no, please don't tell me I look straight!" she gasped dramatically, placing the back of her hand on her forehead.

"No, don't worry," he laughed. "My radar is quite on point."

Leah gasped again, covering her mouth with her hand, her eyes wide open. "WHAT?"

He blinked. "What?" And he suddenly realised what he had just implied, and all colour drained from his face. "Oh, no-"

"I didn't know you were gay!" exclaimed Leah, happily.

"I'm not..."

Leah raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, really, I'm not..." he admittered. "I like girls, too."

Leah nodded in understanding. "So... Do you have a crush on someone, then?"

Ben stopped to think. Thomas already knew, and they both had just told him about their love life, so it was clear they trusted him, so there wasn't really any reason why he wouldn't trust them.

"Yeah."

"Oooh," she smirked. "Who's it?"

He breathed in. "Harry."

Leah's eyebrows raised. "I knew it!"

Given the fact that the girl seemed quite interested in the subject, and so did Thomas, Ben thought that it would perhaps be a good idea to let it all out. So he did, and he told them what had happened with Harry, and how confused he was. Not because he was expecting any sort of help from them, not even tips, he just wanted to say it out loud to someone he trusted, in hopes that it would make him feel slightly better about it.

It didn't.

———————————————

A large sign had been affixed to the Gryffindor notice board, so large that it covered everything else on there; the lists of secondhand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog cards for others, the Weasleys' new advertisement for testers, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends, and the lostand-found notices. The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

— by order of —

THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled. The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed,

Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor