"Could you get the octopus?" You asked gently.

Floyd chirped again and dove under the water. He came back up looking very proud of himself as he dragged Jade to the surface by his arm.

"No, not Jade..." you tried not to let your frustration show, "The octopus."

Floyd stared at you uncomprehendingly.

Jade rolled his eyes, "She wants Azul." You were surprised by how easily he said the words, as though he were fluent in english. And maybe he was- only time would tell, you supposed.

"Azul!" Floyd gasped, diving under the water again.

This time, when he surfaced, it was alone. You were about to ask Jade to get the octopus halfling, when a handsome face broke the surface. You were surprised by how different from the twins he looked, with his white hair and blue eyes. He also regarded you with apprehension, as though you may hurt him.

"Hello there," you said softly, "I have a sandwich for you."

He approached you slowly, and you did your best to stay completely still so as not to scare him off. Finally, he reached out a slender hand and took the sandwich from you. With him as close as he was, you could see black tentacles through the water. He noticed you looking and blushed a light blue, before shooting under the water and disappearing from sight.

Was he embarrassed by his tentacles? You waved away the thought. Surely that was impossible.

"I have to go, guys, but I'll be back later," you promised. Jade's expression did not change, but Floyd dramatically threw himself against the side of the tank and said, "Awwwww..."

You giggled and waved goodbye, a little unnerved by how the twins' eyes followed you on your entire walk to the door.

Next, the reptile exhibit.

The keeper there was a bit more friendly. He handed you the burgers that were to be fed to the inhabitants and wished you a good day.

There were only two tanks in the heated building, which was modeled to look like a brown cave. You went for the tank on the right first, slipping through the keeper's door and surveying your surroundings. The giant boa constrictor in the middle of the enclosure turned to face you, and you were surprised by the friendly face you were met with.

The boa constrictor was human from the waist-up and snake from the waist-down. He had ruby eyes that sparkled with interest as he approached you quickly. He smiled widely, almost innocently, and revealed the long, hollow snake fangs in his mouth- a stark contrast from his friendly demeanor.

"Who are you?" The boa constrictor asked.

"I'm (Y/n), and you are?"

"Kalim!" The boa constrictor answered with a closed-eyed smile. He regarded the burgers curiously, "Rat burgers?"

"Oh, is that what's in them?" You asked, feeling a little green at the thought of eating one of those. You held one out to Kalim and he took it with another big smile.

"Jamil! Wake up!" He stuck his hand into a fake bush and pulled on another snake's tail. To your horror, the viper you had seen a few days ago came slithering out, seething silently.

Great. An angry, venomous viper. I'm going to die. You shook the negative thoughts from your head and held out a burger, desperately praying he wasn't going to strike and poison you.

His eyes softened and he took the burger from you gently.

"Thank you. Did you say 'thank you', Kalim?" Like a few of the other halflings, Jamil was surprisingly fluent, although he struggled over some of the words.