Questions And Concerns

"Ee tho bohot hi achi khabar hai Anjali Bitiya" (This is a very good news Anjali) Devyani was all smiles, Anjali too was smiling from ear to ear "Par chamkeeli ne hum sab ko bulaaya kyun nahi..." (But why didn't chamkeeli invite all of us?) Lavanya felt sad... 

"Areyy.. Miss. Tip Top... hum kaise oo phati sadi ke sagai mei ja sakat hai.. na jaane kis choti jagah pe" (Heyy.. Miss Tip Top, how can we attend that phati sadi's engagement? who knows in which small place..) Manorama saw her mother in law give her the death stare, her words came to a spluttering stop and she looked away mumbling something to herself. 

Some minutes later, Khushi came down the stairs, in a very slow pace, lost in her thoughts... Lavanya rushed up the stairs "Chamkeeli, I am going to kill you! Tumhari engagement hogayi hai aur tumne mujhe bataya bhi nahi.. I thought we were friends" (You got engaged and you didn't bother telling me

Khushi looked up startled, it had almost slipped her mind that Anjali had learnt about the engagement, and had told her that she was going to inform the rest of the family "woh... Lavanya Ji.. aisa kuch nahi hai... Sab kuch bohot jaldi jaldi hogayi thi na.. isiliye aap sab ko batane ka mauka nahi mila mujhe" (Umm.. Lavanyaji.. it is nothing like that.. everything happened in a rush right, that is why I didn't find the opportunity to inform you people) Khushi said in a very apologetic tone.

The two young girls descended together, with Lavanya still telling Khushi off in mock anger. Devyani gestured Khushi to come closer "Jab Anjali bitiya ne hume ee khabar sunai.. hum bohot hi khush hogaye.." (When Anjali informed me of this news, I became very happy) Khushi put on a fake smile, it didn't reach her eye and Devyani's wise eyes noticed it immediately. Khushi took her blessings "Khush raho bitiya" (Stay happy child) Devyani said, but her mind was preoccupied. 

"Phati Sadi... tumri hone wale haasband ka namewa kaa hai?" (What is your would be husband's name?) Khushi hesitated a little, she was not comfortable talking about her 'engagement', she would rather prefer to forget that she was engaged, but unfortunately everyone knew and she would have to answer their questions "Unka naam Shyam hai" (His name is Shyam)

Manorama gaped at her and then looked at Anjali. Khushi was confused at Manorama's reaction, so she too looked at Anjali, who had an amused smile on her face "Maami.. humaare Shyamji ke alaava duniya mai aur bhi log hai jinke naam Shyam hai" (Other than my Shyamji, there are other people in this world named Shyam) She said shaking her head

"Aap ke pati ke naam bhi Shyam hai Anjaliji?" (Anjaliji, Your husband's name is also Shyam?) Khushi asked when she finally understood why Manorama had reacted that way, and Anjali nodded her head bashfully "Dekhiye tho.. humri bitiya ki chehre kaisi laal hojaat hai jab ooke haasband ke baare mai baat kare tho" (Look at this.. how our daughter's face becomes red when talking about her husband) Manorama laughed, Anjali blushed even more, making everyone else giggle. 

Arnav had reached the top of the stairs at that very moment, and he was sure he heard Khushi giggle, he could recognise that tinkling sound amidst all the other noises, he craned his neck amd saw all the other ladies smiling as well, "Khushiji.. AAPKE SHYAMJI ke baare mai hume aur bataiye na" (Tell us more about YOUR SHYAMJI) Anjali chuckled as she playfully dashed Khushi's shoulder with hers

Arnav walked away, back to his room, feeling even more enraged than before. He decided to go downstairs with the intention of checking on Khushi under the pretext of having dinner. He realised now, that if he went there, he would have to hear all the teases and watch Khushi blush and giggle at them. He would rather someone pour wax in his ears and over his eyes.