❄️SNOWY SURPRISE❄️

I woke up two minutes before the alarm rang (my phone's alarm since I already destroyed my alarm clock A.K.A my birthday present). I lazily sat up on my bed and my eyes instinctively moved to my window, expecting to see sun rays even though it was only six in the morning but to my surprise, there were no sun rays. I dashed to my window and I almost fainted out of joy at what I saw.
      "Oh My God it's snowing! It's snowing!! I can't believe it's actually snowing!!!" I squealed as I ran - no flew down the stairs towards the front door and then outside into the snow.
       After reveling in the snow for few minutes, I went back into the house where my mom was preparing breakfast.
      "Mom, can you believe it's actually snowing, here in California?" I asked breathlessly as I walked towards her and she gave me a look.
      "Good morning to you too Kat"
       "Sorry mom, I'm just so excited. It's been a while since it snowed here, we can have a campfire just for the both of us"
     "I'm really sorry sweetie, I've got a busy schedule today. There are about four surgeries I need to perform so I'll probably be inside the hospital all night" She passed me a glass of warm milk.
     She was already dressed for work in a black skirt and wine shirt that highlighted her smooth creamy skin and reddish brown hair. She was a very beautiful Brazilian woman  and apart from few different like my hair color, we looked very alike. I didn't have the full Brazilian look like my mom since my dad was a white.
      "That's to bad but don't worry, I'll make sure to have enough fun for the both of us" I grinned
     "I'm sure you will but just make sure you keep your eyes on the price sweetie"
     "Oh I will mom, the school president post is definitely mine, no doubt about that" I boasted confidently
     "Darn, I guess Cali High must be out of luck" Noel muttered, entering the kitchen in his pyjamas
      "I'm a straight A student with perfect, you're just jealous because your grades were never as good as mine" I retorted with a smirk and the scoffed
     "Yeah you wish Kitty, need i remind you that both Joel and I were appointed school president for the first time in the history of Cali High" Noel boasted
      I rolled my eyes. "That's because you were popular among girls and your multitude of female friends voted for you"
    "And also cause our grades were perfect"
    "Whatever Noel, all I know is that there's no competition, that post will be mine. Look even the snow is a sign I'll win cause I love snow"
     "That's dumb, even for you Kitty, the snow could also be a bad sign for you. Besides, who doesn't love snow?" Joel chipped in as he joined us in the kitchen
    "Not everyone loves snow. Jacques Cartier doesn't like snow".
      Noel groaned. "Again with this Jacques Carter, I can't believe you're still crushing on him"
     "What's there not to crush on. He's handsome, rich, famous and his mom's the best lawyer in California and he has a golden voice and he -"
      "That's enough Kitty" Joel cut me off. "I'm not trying to write an essay on him, it's bad enough that you hung his picture in your room"
     "Oh please, you're just jealous cause you feel Layla loves him more than she loves you" I teased
     "He wishes" Joel scoffed."She'll probably never meet him so what's there to be jealous of? It's like crushing on a statue"
     "She saw him at his last concert in Los Angeles" I pointed out plainly.
      "I meant she'll never meet him personally"
       "She can, if she is lucky enough to get a backstage pass" I was intentionally annoying him and it seemed to be working as he finally snapped.
      "How is this any of your business Kitty, you should focus on-"
      "-Winning school president?" I grinned. "Yeah, that's what i thought". I was really enjoying annoying Joel. Even Noel as grinning but mom
decided it was time to interrupt.
      "That's enough you both. You'd better get dressed Kitty, you're not going to become school president by arguing with these two chuckleheads"  She pushed me out of the kitchen
     "You're right mom.... These two are real chuckleheads" I giggled and they both turned to glare at me so I quickly ran to my room.
      I took a long warm bath and got dressed in white turtleneck cotton sweater, dark jeans and my favorite white ankle boots. I smiled as I wore my newly bought white,  fur-designed parka. I didn't think I'd actually be chanced to were it till winter but the snow made today the perfect day to wear it. I curled my dark hair and applied lip balm to my parched lips. After wearing my ear rings and wrist watch, I skipped downstairs to the dining room where they were already eating breakfast.
     "Wow guys, thanks a lot for waiting" I said sarcastically but Noe replied anyway
     "You're so very welcome Kitty" he grinned, stuffing his mouth with pancakes. As I sat, I noticed mom was not on the kitchen.
    "Where's mom?" I asked
     "She already left while you were taking your 3 weeks shower but she asked us to wish you luck on her behalf and to make sure we pet you when you lose" Joel answered and I gave him a hard look
     "I know you added that last part Joe but I'm just going to ignore you and concentrate on my food"
     "Speaking of food, I was actually surprised to meet the sushi where I left it" Joel said
    "I'm sure you were Joe, you really have to start trusting me more you know" I beamed
     "Firstly, stop calling me Joe and secondly, I can never trust you" he frowned
    "Why can't I call you Joe, you call me Kitty all the time"
     "You love the name Kitty, it really suits you"
     "How can you say you it suits me? It sounds like the name of a cat"
     "And that is exactly why we call you Kitty" Noel chipped in and Joel chuckled
     "I AM NOT A CAT!" I growled, annoyed at their teasing
    "Of course you're not a cat, you're a baby cat, a kitten" Noel chuckled
      "Fine then, if I'm a kitten, then you both are pigs"
     "Did you just call your elder brothers pigs?" Noel asked wide-eyed
      "Elder brothers?" I scoffed. "The only elder brother I respect is Kyle"
     "Wow Kitty, you've really gotten bold, you just wait till i-" Joel started to say but he was interrupted by Damon, my driver.
     "Morning guys, you're running late Kitty, it's time to go" Damon was standing beside the door, smiling. I flashed him a smile and nodded
      "I'll be out in a sec" I turned to my idiot brothers. "See yah later suckers" I grinned and skipped to the door after grabbing my backpack but then I remembered something and paused.
      "By the way Joel, I'm still sticking with Joe" I got into my car and Damon drove off immediately.
      I smiled and stared out the window of my car and tried to block out Damon's horrible voice as he sang along with the old music playing on the radio. Damon has a terrible singing voice but he actually thinks he has a good voice and none of us is willing to tell him the truth so we all pretend to enjoy his singing. I usually just plug in my air pods whenever he starts but unfortunately for me, I forgot to take it along with me.
     "You seem to be in a good mood Kitty, enjoying the snow?" Damon glanced at me through the rear view mirror.
      "Of course I am, it's finally my turn to become class president" I beamed happily
     "Ah, that's it huh? I thought it's cause your brothers are back"
    "Forget those fools. Becoming school president is way more important"
    "You know, if someone sees how focused you look, they'd think you were talking about being the country's president" Damon chuckled
     "Ha ha. Very funny Dame" I pouted
      "Sorry Kit, you just look really funny with that look"
      "Thanks a lot for the encouragement Damon, I really appreciate it" sarcasm was heavy in my tone
     "Good luck Kitty, I hope you win"
     "Oh I won't be needing luck for this Damon, that post is definitely mine" I boasted
     "You kids and your confidence"
     "Stop talking like you're that old Damon, no one's buying it" I pointed out and he chuckled and resumed his singing while I tried to stop myself from jumping out of the car.