Chapter 6

Nyemiah POV

Upon waking up, yesterday hit me like a ton of bricks. Jeff had some serious issues. I had no clue that a man who was so nice to me and my cousins could be so violent. My first thought was to leave that man alone. Its sad though because I really wanted to try something out with him. The man gave me oral sex on his couch! He basically marked me since he was THE first to ever do something so intimate with me.

To stop my internal rant, I decided to take a run at a nearby park today. Climbing out of bed I pulled some Nike clothes from my dresser drawer and placed them on my bed. It seems like ever since that mysterious night I had not to long ago, I felt as though I was being...watched. Call me crazy, but I knew when I was. Just didn't know who, or where they were watching me from.

"Maybe I am going crazy." I mumble to myself before heading to the bathroom with a towel and rag. After my morning routine, I tied my towel around my naked figure and headed back to my room to change.

Dropping the towel, I pulled on my cotton boy shorts and a matching sports bra. I applied some cocoa butter to my skin to keep it from drying out. Finally pulling on my outfit(in mm), I head to the front with my phone in hand.

"Morning ma!" I exclaim as I jog into the kitchen and grab a granola bar and a banana.

"Morning baby, where you going?" She asked as she scrambled the eggs.

"Out for a run to clear my head. Plus I'm needing a little exercise to prevent extra fat." I joke as I grab a water bottle from the fridge.

"Alright. Be careful okay?"

"Ma I'm gonna literally be just around the corner at Springdale's dog park." I say before heading to my car. I put the car into reverse before pulling out the drive and heading to the park.

Once I had reached the park, I parked my car and turned my phone off. I locked up my car and slid my keys into my socks. Weird right? I looked around and noticed it was a good amount of people in the park. Putting in my wireless earphones, I press play on my mp3 watch device. I stretched a little before joining some others in running the track.

I had been running for a good little while before I spotted this puppy sitting on it's tiny hind legs and looking around with it huge sad eyes. Slowing down my run, I lightly jog over to the pup, pulling my earphones out.

"Hey little guy! Why so sad?" I say as I scratch him behind his ear. I notice that he has a collar and obviously belongs to someone in the park. I pick him up and turn around in search of a lost parent. I spotted this rather tall guy, not as tall as Jeff, but tall with a small leash in his hand. He had a look of loss on his face as he scanned the park endlessly. I was assuming that this little guy belonged to that awfully cute guy. And I was a sucker for guys with dogs.

I snuggled the pup closer as I made my way over to the rather handsome white guy. "Hey!" I yelled slightly and waved my arm. He turned and looked me in the face before looking down and noticing the puppy in my arms.

"Oh God you found him! Thank you so much!" He exclaims as I hand him the dog. I watch as he playfully scolds the dog before hooking the leash onto his color.

"When I found him it was pretty evident that he was missing you." I giggled.

"Thanks again for finding my little buddy Rex, Liam." He says sticking his hand out. I accepted it, "Nyemiah."

"Nyemiah? That's a unique name." He says with a light chuckle.

"Its a unique name for an unique person." I bragged and he smiled. He was really cute. "So um where did you get him?"

"Oh I'm volunteering at the local animal shelter."

"Really? That's like my go to job during the summer."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! I just love animals and I feel as though every animal needs a different type of love."

"Yeah, what's your favorite?"

"Tigers!" He gave me a curious look, before bursting into laughter.

"Tigers?"

"Yeah! I mean I know there no where near here, but I love tigers." I shrug.

"That's cute." He smiles and I can feel my face heat.

"You're cute." I reply slyly. He chuckles and says, "No you're cute, I'm handsome." I laugh at his arrogance.

"Hey before I leave I was wondering if I could get your number?" He asks. I look him in the face and notice that he is dead serious.

"Sure-"

"Nyemiah!" I turn to see Jeff speeding over to us. He looked really angry and honest to God..I was scared.

"Who's that guy?" Liam asks.

"Come on that guy's...crazy." I say as grab his arm. "Let me hold your phone." He hands me his phone and I place my number in before I give it back. "Text me later." I whisper to him. He nods reluctantly before walking away to his car. I feel a firm hand grab my elbow and spin me around.

"Nyemiah what the hell are you doing out here talking to other guys!?!" Jeff exclaims. I try to pry my arm from him, but his hold is to strong.

"Jeff let me go! You're crazy! Why can't you just leave me alone? I don't want to be with you!" I finally manage to pull from his grasp and turn to run away.

"Nyemiah please! I'm sorry! He was going to take you away from me!" I simply ignore him as I finally reach my car and hop in. Not bothering to put on a seat belt, I crank up my car and speed out of there. This guy is a complete nut job....

Jeff POV

I watch as Nyemiah's car speeds out of the park and I'm standing here wondering where I went wrong.

He was trying to take her away from us! I was only protecting her. My sweet Nyemiah is shaming us. She runs away from fate. She's ours! If not...she's no one's!

What do you suppose I do?

You must teach her a lesson.

Nyemiah POV

As soon as I got home, I speeded to my bedroom. Stripping out of my clothes, I pullout clean ones and head to the shower. As I stepped in thought about what just happened.

That man is crazy! How did he know where I was? Was he stalking me? Why couldn't he catch a hint? Was I safe in my own life anymore?

All I knew is if I had one more encounter with that man, I was calling the police. I climbed out the shower and dried off before heading back to my room. Once I entered my phone lit up and I went over to check it.

Unknown: Hey this is Liam, did you get home okay?

I blew out a breath of relief.

Me: Yeah. How's Rex?

Liam: Great actually. What about that creepy dude?

Me: He's an ex that can't take a hint. I sorta lied.

Liam: oh well...I'll text you later Miah.

Me: I'll be waiting Liam, well that is until ten then I probably won't answer back.

Liam: okay, lucky for you I'm not a late texter. Ttyl xoxox

Me: Ttyl xoxox

I placed my phone on my bedside table and just chilled in my bed, watching tv and eating. As always. Just as I was about to doze off I received a text. Expecting it to be Liam, I picked it up quickly.

Jee Weezy❤: Nyemiah I love you, and soon we will be together forever. Goodnight.

I shivered and blocked his number, erasing his contact from my phone.

I can only hope this man leaves me alone...
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨