Whispers of the Azure Sea, The Orange Blossom Smile

Start from the beginning

“Okay.... go on....”

“So, how's life?”

“What kind of question is that?”

“A simple one. Answer please”

“Okay, great”

“There was one rule Jay, reply honestly”

Jay looked at him with a confused one. What the hell is happening? He wanna go home, but here stranger is asking him how's his life? And when he said great, he is talking about honesty. How these questions can help him to go back? Is he a counsellor or someone like that?

“Okay, it's worthless, so boring”

“You think, you are worthless?”

“What kind of—”

“Answer please”

“Yeah”

“Why?”

“Beacuse there's nothing to me, no one for me. Of course I have money but still that's not my life. I feel empty. I don't have a specific reason to smile, not like others”

“Your family?”

“They are no more”

“Hmm... did you try to take your own life? Even at least for once?”

“Are you a doctor or someone...?” he asked and other one again gave a stearn look wanting the answer.

“Well... no but I felt once”

“If you want to take your own life, how would you do that?” he asked and other one gave a look, but he gave up and gave the answer. He got no choice. This is the only way.

“There's an ocean I am familiar with, if I want to, I'll go there and you know...?”

“Yet you want a beautiful ending huh? No wonder why you came here” other one replied and chuckled hearing this.

“Did you ever feel loved or loved someone?” he asked again.

“Yes, years ago, from my parents, when I was little, and I can't remember it now. So now it will be a no and no”

“Okay, finally what is life Jay? What is happiness Jay?”

“For me, happiness is perfection, appreciation, having no sadness or any deeper emotions, and I know one thing, happiness doesn't come with wealth. In my life, I experienced it a lot. Everyone came behind me for money. All are fake, everyone is fake, everything is fake. Maybe happiness can be fake too? You know, it's like an illusion, in TV you will see something and you clearly know it's not happiness, maybe happiness can be a human made thing, so it can be an illusion that everyone chases for, another fake thing, and life? Life is like a hell. Where you burn in each and every second. A thing I don't want anymore” he ended his whole explanation. Other male was looking at him all the time. He smiled.

“That's okay. It's normal. You stand on the shores of its undiscovered oceans”

“What?”

“You know how to drive a car?”

“Y-yeah. I know” he said cluelessly.

“Great, then let's go” said Jungwon and throw a key with a happy face keychain towards him and signaling him to come with him.

---

They are driving peacefully, with a simple silence accompanying them. It isn't awkward, but new, mostly for Jay. He is driving and Jungwon is sitting at the back. Peacefully looking around with his boba eyes. Jay is secretly looking at him, he was curious. This is new, and for his suprise, though it's new, he felt something, he isn't familiar with this, but he started to loving it. He didn't say anything though, he is adoring the small boy who's staying back.