Mother Lin who originally wanted to spend some quality time alone with her husband who returned after ten years wasn't appreciative of Madam Zhang and Old grandma Lin trespassing in their house, that too at such a late hour. If these two women didn't interrupt them then she would have enjoyed a wonderful walk with her husband under the pearly swirls of moonlight and maybe her daughter in law and son would have been working on the process of making a grandson for her - ( humph, just because she was naive didn't mean she was an innocent woman. She had already seen her third sons frustrated expression with five sons and two daughters will she not be able to deduce his expression correctly ?). All in all Mother Lin knew that at this hour her family could have done anything but it would still be more important than this! So she didn't even bother with keeping pretences when she saw that neither Madam Zhang nor old grandma Lin mentioned their motive to come here.

" Why are you here? What do you want? I don't think that you both came here just because you wanted to see Ah Heng? My husband returned in the evening and it's almost past midnight, what are you doing here ?" asked Mother Lin directly, since she no longer wanted to talk nonsense with the two of them.

Madam Zhang opened her mouth but then closed it, she was after all the wife of the younger brother. Even if Madam Zhang was able to order Zhao Lan around before she could no longer do it anymore because Zhao Lan was no longer the same Zhao Lan. Now not only does she has her son as her backing, but even her husband also returned.

And Madam Zhang knew how much Lin Heng adored Zhao Lan, so didn't say anything and just turned to look at the old lady. She came to the Lin brothers house together with the old lady, then she should let the old lady do the talking.. After all, no one took her seriously here but the old Lady was still Zhao Lan and Lin Heng 's elder , as long as the two of them gave enough to the Old lady then her nephews and their hussy would have to show respect to them as well .

************************

Chapter 232 - [Bonus ] How Thick Her Skin Is

Name:Shrewd wife of Lin brothers Author:fairytail72

Can you all see chapter 227 and 228 ? I made a mistake and pasted the same chapter twice before modifying it to the correct one , some readers can't see it so wanted to know if its the same for everyone or just a few ?

Madam Zhang's plan would have worked in the past but now this plan was just like a gun with no bullet. Lin Heng had already faced enough cruelty in the hands of Old Grandmother Lin but he still showed her adequate respect because she was still his father's wife in name, however after seeing Lin Ze's cruelty - he no longer had any hopes for this stepmother of his.

Lin Heng might be a jolly guy but he wasn't stupid or else his sons wouldn't have such an amazing intelligence either. He was really good at observing people, thus he knew that even if Lin Ze tried to kill him - this half brother of his only has limited guts. It was impossible for him not to tell Old grandma Lin about what he did to him, his elder brother.

Old grandmother Lin must have known what happened with him but instead, she helped her son falsify the evidence and even bullied his family thinking that he was ' dead '. As long as he remains ' dead ' no one would know what happened.

He understood old grandmother Lin's intentions to protect her son and if she only protected him then he would have forgiven her. But the fact that she knew all about Lin Ze's actions yet still shamelessly bullied his sons and wife made him so disgusted that he wanted to hurl whatever he have eaten right on her face.

So, no matter how Madam Zhang tried to guilt-trip him. He simply stood by his wife like a pitiful, weak victim who haven't even recovered half of his energy after suffering so much. He wouldn't say a thing to help these two greedy women - whatever he owed to Grandma Lin, he repaid it the day he saved her son's life with his own.