Page 1: The Fool & the Magician

Start from the beginning

"Hehehe... Of all Personas, yours is a previous Wildcard. Very interesting indeed. I don't believe this has ever happened before." Igor says with an amused chuckle.

"Again, I don't understand. What exactly is Joker and a Persona for that matter? I know he's me, somehow, but I don't get what that means!" She asks, honestly starting to feel frustrated at this point.

"Allow me." Roland speaks, getting her attention. "A Persona, is a power similar to magic in your world, but slightly different. To put it in simple terms, a Persona is a mask, an armor of the heart... Most of the time it is docile, but with enough willpower, one can remove that mask and manifest their Persona, thereby weaponizing it. It is the physical form of your will of rebellion." He explains.

"Will of rebellion?" Asta repeats, remembering something that Joker had said.

"...I am the rebel soul that sleeps within you, my user..."

"So that's what he meant..." She thought.

"But, you are more than a normal Persona-user, my dear." Igor speaks, regaining her attention. "You see, typically a user can only wield one single Persona, but you my dear have the power of the Wildcard, which allows one to wield multiple. This is through the bonds a Wildcard shares with others." He explains.

"Bonds with others?" The ash-blonde asks.

"Also known as Confidants. You yourself formed a Confidant of the Magician Arcana." Roland says next and opens the book he was holding. A card floats out of it, illuminated by a blue glow. Asta recognized it as a Tarot Card, the image on it depicting a man, well magician. However, the image changes to a familiar face.

"Yuno?" The girl asks as her rival's visage replaces the card's art.

"Every person is born under one of the Tarot's Major Arcana. Your friend is of the Magician, the number one card symbolizing new beginnings and opportunities, quite fitting if I say so myself." Roland says next, the card going back into his book and was then replaced with another. "While your arcana, Miss Asta, is the Fool." He adds and Asta felt annoyed.

"What!? I'm not a fool!" She exclaims. Why do people always call her that?

"It seems you misunderstand. The Fool, despite its name, is probably the most important of the tarot." The platinum haired man states, surprising the girl. "It symbolizes unlimited potential, hence the reason it is the number zero card. Despite what people believe, the number zero holds numerous potential. As a blank slate, it can be filled by anything." He explains, much to the girl's astonishment.

"Indeed, it also represents the beginning of a journey, and the other cards of the Major Arcana are the teachers the Fool learns from while on his journey. As such, as you create and grow your bonds, your power will grow as well." Igor picks up.

"Amazing! I don't entirely get it, but you're saying that by forging friendships with people it will make my new power stronger, right!?" Asta exclaims, excited.

"Hehehe... Well, that's one way to put it." The long-nosed man laughs, amused by the girl's enthusiasm.

"Oh, you also said something about, Anti-Magic, was it, what is that?" The ash-blonde then recalls and asks.

"Anti-Magic, as the name states, in the opposite of magic itself. Your other grimoire allows you to summon a weapon that can completely nullify another's magic, even absorb it. With practice, you can also reflect said magic." The long-nosed man replies and explains.

"Okay. Then, last question: What is this place exactly? Didn't I pass out?" The girl asks, remembering how when it was over she felt exhausted and fainted.