seven: Tomorrow Never Dies

Genre: horror, action, thriller, teen fiction

Inspiration: Tomorrow Never Dies by 5 Seconds of Summer, The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Published: 

Prologue

I watch exhaustedly as Michael pushes the buttons on the controller, his character running through the haunted mansion, escaping some visually disturbing zombies. I'm not going to lie, those things are hideous, I'm sure as hell that I do not want to be in the same room as them.

Getting bored, I ask Michael, "Mikey, you've been playing this game for hours. Aren't you a little tired?"

Not letting his eyes part from the screen, he replies, "Nope, not one bit."

I let out an audible groan, but it didn't faze Michael at all like I hoped to so I just gave up. I continue scrolling through Twitter, laughing shamelessly at all the drama there is. I look through my phone for another ten minutes and I decide that I've had enough for the day.

I purposely fall into Michael's lap and instantly, his character dies in the game. "What the hell?"

I turn around and look at him, cupping his face with my hands. I'm met with bloodshot eyes and pink lips. "Michael, you've played enough for one day. Come and cuddle?"

Michael lets out a sigh and quickly apologizes, "I'm sorry."

I smile at him and say, "It's alright, now let's go upstairs."

We both walk upstairs quietly and without a word, we fall onto the bed and cuddle into each other. After five minutes of listening to his heartbeat, Michael breaks the rather comfortable silence.

"Wouldn't it be cool if we were actually in that game? Like what if we were the people inside with guns and stuff?"

"If you think that's cool, you're crazy, Clifford."

Cast: Michael Clifford, unnamed girl 

Notes: Halloween fic, alternate universe