3

Javontae sat outside the stoop of his cousin's house a blunt between his fingers as she braided his hair

The Florida sun was scorching and forced most of the natives outside. Kids loitered outside playing ball in the streets,adults sitting in their yards talking.

"Aye nephew,long time no see."

"Bread man.you good?" Javontae said reaching in his pocket for a 100 dollar bill using the same hand to greet the man sliding the money to him.

"Good looking nephew." The man nodded as he walked away.

"You want me to tie them back or?" His cousin asked after finishing the braids that hung each side of his face.

"Nah,leave em like this." He said getting up.

Fixing his shorts leaving the waistband of his briefs exposed. He wore his signature slide and socks, the usual one piece jewelry on his neck.

His 6 months in the Caribbean made his melanin tattooed covered skin rich.

"Mookie!" The kids in the yard across from where he stood shouted his nickname before they ran out to hug him.

"Y'all bad asses staying in school right?" He asked

" yeah." They answered in unison.

He handed a dollar bills to the younger ones, giving the older fives.

" y'all stop harassing Mookie!" Ms.harrison the neighborhood "nosey lady" called out from her house.

"Ms.harrison so nosey." One of the younger ones said sucking their teeth before they all cleared.

"Hey Ms.harrison,you good?" Javontae said walking to her yard hugging her as he got there.

"I haven't seen you in so long baby." The woman said embracing him

"You know how it is ms.H. i see you done got your little garden together right there." He said complimenting the woman garden at the side of her house.

"Yes I did." She said

He sat on the porch with the elderly lady chatting it up,eyes still fixed on the street.

Quickly noticing a black demon swerving on to the block.

"There go that damn no good boy,rooga." Ms.harrison said with a scorn in her voice.

The darkskin 6'6 man hopped out the car his eyes looking at everything on the block

The darkskin 6'6 man hopped out the car his eyes looking at everything on the block. His eyes met with javontae's,he nodded at him and javontae did the same.

"Yo Ms.harrison it was nice chopping it up with you but amma slide." He said standing up from his seat.

As he was leaving the yard he saw that familiar freckled face. He flashed a smile stalling a little in the yard until she got closer.

"Wassup mamas." He said stepping out as she was infront of him.

" tell me." She said folding his arms.

"Damn it's like that?" He asked.

"You. Never called." She said

"I am sorry. I was busy." He said earning a suck teeth as she tried to walk pass him.

"Ojá don't be like that. I am sorry there was some business I had to go out of town for." He explained holding her hand in his.

"You call tonight or no call again ok." She said bluntly.

He smirked, her boldness was fascinating and intrigued him to really know more about the girl.

"I promise." He said looking down at her his thumb ran over her hand slightly.

Ojá blushed heavily before looking away then back at him this time with a smile.

"There go that pretty ass smile." He said smiling brightly along with her.

"You call later?" She questioned for assurance.

"I ain't gon lie bout that shawty. I'll call you." He said softly.

"You doing now?" She asked him.

"Gon handle some business." He answered.

"Ok.be safe." She said sliding her hand out of his walking away.

He watched her walk away looking back at him only to realize he was staring at her. She blushed in embarrassment walking quicker.

After she was from his sight he crossed the road to dap up rooga who was watching the interaction between them.

"Gotchu you a pretty li bitch rii thea'." He said dapping up javontae.

"Von boutta ride back here in a min." He said ignoring his comments about ojá.

"We ain't going to the house?" Rooga asked surprised

"Nah,drop and go." He answered.

"I got to examine the work first." Rooga said defensively.

"Refund is an option." Javontae shrugged not going on his word.

Right on time gervontae's bmw was riding down the street stopping at where they stood.

Sliding a duffle bag out his end as rooga slid another to them. Javontae wasted no time getting into the gervontae vehicle,speeding off.

Opening the duffle bag,he rummaged through the stacks of money,examining them.

"Looks legit." He said.

"You know how rooga coming." Gervontae said.

Pulling into a mc Donald's drive in. Switching cars out at the entrance taking the bag with them.