Their eyes were clouded with fear as they stepped back, their hearts hitching

Bhai/Zaid we were joking.

They said in unison, their voices shivered slightly, the fear evident.

Dafa ho jao isse pehle ke main murder ker doon tum donon ka.

Zaid let out a semi yell out of frustration. Shahmeer and Haya froze, their heartbeats stopped for a moment before starting to race like a bullet train. They gulped and hurried out of the kitchen.

Zaid sighed as he caressed his forehead, his irritation evident.

Zaid was about to step out of the kitchen but stopped seeing Haya and Shahmeer. Zaid crossed his arms across his chest, a frown forming on his forehead.

Ab kya hai?

He asked, a note of tiredness coloring his tone.

Woh hum kabab bhool gaye.

They both said in unison, fear evident on their faces and Zaid shook his head sideways tiredly.

Zaid walked to the counter and gave them the kababs and said, his voice carrying a final warning

Yeh lo aur dafa ho jao.

They both hurried out and Zaid sighed in relief.

Serve these on the dining table.

He ordered once again gesturing towards the food which he had platted and walked out.
........................................

Uth gayi tum?

Zaid who was sitting on the bed asked while tying his shoelaces.

haan.

Ayra responded, her voice caressed with sleep.

Ayra sat up on the bed. Zaid turned and leaned forward. He gently cradled her face in his palms and kissed her forehead. Ayra,s eyes fluttered close and her breath hitched.

Zaid pulled back and patted her cheek with a small smile. Ayra opened her eyes and and their eyes met.

Good morning.

He wished and moved out of the room.

Ayra smiled and looked around for her phone. She found it placed on the side table and reached out for it. She opened her contact list and dialled a number and placed the phone in between her ear and shoulder.

The call was picked up at the 2nd ring.

Hmm okay. I wish ke aisa hi ho.

Ayra said to someone, a smile forming on her face as she cut the call after SAYING ALLAH Hafiz.

A bright smile tugged at Ayra,s lips. Her eyes twinkling with happiness as she rubbed her palms together.

Kal birthday hai na tumhara MJ?

Ayra pretended to ask looking at Mubashira,s picture in her phone. She couldn't help but smile brightly as she painted various scenarios in her mind of the drama that will unfold tomorrow.

Mujhse intezar nahin ho raha kal ka jab Zaid tumhein divorce papers dega as a birthday gift.

Ayra said to Mubashira,s picture and fell on the bed giggling in happiness.

MJ.

Zaid entered inside the room softly calling out for her.

He watched her as she slept peacefully on the bed.

He smiled and sat beside her on the chair. She was sleeping, the sunlight filtered through the curtains casting gentle shadows across her beautiful features. His eyes softened as he looked at her. A few strands of her beautiful hair framed her face

Zaid chuckled under his breath. A wave of warmth washed over him. A sigh of irritation escaped her lips. Zaid smiled brightly and reached out as he felt a pang of tenderness in his heart. He tucked her hair behind her ear with a gentle touch and leaned forward. His eyes taking in every inch of her face with newfound wonder but he knew it wasn't the time for all this as tomorrow is her birthday and he has to plan a lot for her. His eyes sparkled with nervous anticipation as he thought about the gift.

MJ wake up.

Zaid said, his voice was soft as he reached out and gently tapped her cheek to wake her up.

Mubashira stirred in her sleep and Zaid smiled, his eyes shining with a mixture of excitement and anticipation that now she'll wake up and their eyes will meet. He felt a pang of tenderness in his heart at the thought.

MJ.

Zaid called out softly tapping her cheek.

Mubashira opened her eyes, a gentle sleepy haze clouded them that made her eyes look more softer. Zaid,s heart skipped a beat as he leaned forward.

Assalamualaikum.

He wished, his voice a soft caress filled with tenderness and Mubashira smiled lazily, her eyes sparkling with love.

Walikumassalam.

Mubashira responded smiling softly, her voice caressed with sleep as she looked at him softly. A delicate shiver raced down Zaid,s spine and he smiled back, his heart overflowing with an undefinable emotion that left him puzzled.

Good morning. Ab aao nashta ker lo.

Zaid said softly and hurried out of the bedroom before she could say something.

Mubashira looked ahead, a frown forming on her forehead.

Zaid ko hua kya hai pichle 2 days se?

Mubashira wondered out loud.

End Of Chapter!!!

Coming up next: The birthday gift.

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️