Instigators (part 2)

.......Pidge's POV.......

    I gave him a small smile as I feel him slip his hand into mine. The few times we've seen each other each month, I've noticed that he always seems to be on edge. And when he's in an unknown land, he gets touchier with people. I think it's because that's his way of letting people know that he's there to protect them. It's honestly really adorable. But the reason he does it is heart breaking. I squeeze his hand lightly to let him know I'm here. I don't plan on letting go until I need to. As we continue to walk on the dirt path, I can't help but admire him. He looks like a little kid going to Disney for the first time. His eyes are just so full of wonder. His face shows a sense of peacefulness, and a small smile. 

    I know Lance planned this, and I'm pretty sure I know what it's about. So why not play along and hive him what he wants. Besides, it has been years. Now is as good as any to face the music. 

"Let's go explore. The others are capable enough to find their way back", I say as I smirk at him.

"Ok, but what's with the face? What are you planning Pidge?" Keith looked at me with an eyebrow quirked.

"What, me?! Nothiinngg, I would never do such a thing". Knowing darn well he knows I've been behind every prank Lance and Hunk have pulled.

    I gently pulled his wrist as I began running through the woods. I don't know where I'm headed, or where I want to go. But as long as I'm with Keith, I don't really care. I smirk as I stop in my tracks, turning around and staring up at him blankly. He gives me a confused look and cocks his head like a cute little puppy. I gently tap his shoulder and smile. Before he could get a word out, I began to run like a mad man. He must've understood, because it wasn't soon after that he was right on my tail. I ran as fast as my little legs could take me and started running off the path. We jumped over fallen trees and ducked under low hanging branches. As we made our way into a clearing, I started running out of stamina. 

    I slowed down as I started huffing. I heard his footsteps quickly catching up and decided to give up. I started slowing to a walk. After a small moment of peace, the world seemed so quiet. I couldn't even hear his breathing. But before I could turn around to look for him. I felt large hands grab my waist gently and start to spin me around. He slowed to a stop, turning me around so I could face him, and I put my hands on his shoulders to keep myself up in the air. 

"Gotcha", he smiled goofily as he looked at me. 

      I soon got mesmerized by his beautiful purple eyes. His smile slowly falling as he stared into my chestnut eyes. His eyes started to dart all around my face. I can't say I wasn't doing the same. Eventually my eyes stopped at his lips. They looked so soft and inviting. When he noticed my gaze, his breath hitched in his throat. He slowly sets me down, our eyes still fixated on each other. I cupped his cheek as I stood on my tippy toes. I took one more glance at his eyes before my stare drifted to his lips again. I slowly started leaning in. I stopped when I could feel his breath on my lips. We shared one more glance before a loud ring tone caused us to jump away from one another. 

    My breath started to quicken as I realized what I had just done. My face felt as hot as the sun. Keith quickly staggered to grab his phone out of his pocket and walked away as he answered it. That must have been the MOST awkward five minutes of my life. Keith comes walking back quietly before he clears his throat. I couldn't even look him in the face.

"Shiro called. He said they found their way back to the beach, and there's been a change of plan. Lance rented a boat. He wants to have the picnic there so he can show us around the island." 

    I nodded my head as we began to head back. We both stopped realizing we have no idea where we're at right now. 

"We should probably get to higher ground so we can see the path", I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan, hop on" He slightly crouches down. I look at him confused. "Get on my back short stack", he smirks at me. I lightly punch his arm before hopping on. I spot the dirt path and start guiding him through the woods. Eventually we make it back to the other. I see Lance smirk at us and Shiro smile at us softly. Keith lets me down before walking over to Lance. I go to talk to Hunk.

    Hunk nudges me and starts wiggling his eyebrows. I punch him square in the shoulder as he laughs at me. We were advised to change into our swim wear, which we gladly did. It's very hot out, and I hate sweat.  I don't care if I was a soldier in a galactic war. Sweat can go die in a hole.

    We all make our way to the boat as Lance hands us each a life jacket. We make our way on deck and finally eat our picnic. I sit beside Keith in the back as Shiro and Lance made their way to the wheel. As Keith ate his sandwich, I couldn't help but admire him again. He's just so ethereal. What human just looks like that. Although technically, he is part alien. His pale skin clashed so beautifully with his coal black hair and dark eyes. Then I noticed the ragged scar stemming from his cheekbone to his jawline. Without thinking, I slowly began to trace my finger along his scar. He tensed at first but began to relax at the touch.  He turned his head and softly looked at me. I cupped his cheek and we stared into each other's eyes with soft smiles. That is until Lance stopped the boat, shouted, and jumped into the water. 

    Keith and I blinked at each other before laughing. We decided to walk over to the edge of the boat to see what was going on. Lance, Hunk, and Shiro were in the middle of a splash battle. Keith looked over his shoulder at me and smirked. I knew exactly what was going through his mind. I started squealing and running around the boat to escape him. I saw the others watching us with fond looks from their spots in the water. Eventually he caught me and had me in a hold. He held me in the air, his shoulders against my back as his arms wrapped around me tightly. I continued to squeal as he jumped off the edge encasing us both in water. 

    As soon as I broke the surface, I splashed him as soon as he opened his mouth to laugh at me. We continued to swim around and explore the island until it became too dark. We eventually got in the car to head home. 

    I sat in the back between Hunk and Keith again. I felt myself starting to drift off. All that running did me in. I wrap an arm around Keith and use his chest as a pillow. I felt him put an arm around my shoulders as I drifted off to sleep. Around thirty minutes later I feel the car pull into the driveway. Everyone gets out the car as I continue to cling to Keith. 

"But I'm comfyyyyy", I complain as I pull Keith closer. I hear him chuckle and he opens the door and pries my arms off. He offers his hand and smiles. I grab it reluctantly. 

"C'mon sleepy head. I'll carry you", he offers. I didn't decline as he drapes me over his back, and we make our way inside.