"I'm just guessing here, but it could be that Tanjiro could be recovering his strength by sleeping instead of consuming human flesh."

Back to the present Nezuko continued onward until she found herself at an bridge. Looking down she saw a bunch of boats and bustling streets.

"Could this be the town to the northwest?" Nezuko asked her self before walking off the bridge and into the town.

----

A shabby man staggered down the street, looking like he lost touch of reality. Soft whispers came from gossiping women.

"Oh, look, theirs Kazumi." Came from one woman.

Another woman uttered " Poor thing. He looks so haggard."

Nezuko walked past the man listening to the whispers of the woman. Only stopping once she heard a woman mutter " Because he was with Satoko when she was taken."

After staring at the man walking past she continued her way still listening to the people gossiping.

"Night after night...It's so creepy."

"It's so dreadful!"

"When night falls, yet another young girl will be abducted!"

Turning back Nezuko yelled to the man "Mr. Kazumi!" Kazumi stopped walking and turned towards Nezuko.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your story!" Nezuko exclaimed. "Is that all right?" The man stared at her in surprise.

Kazumi showed her to some roads behind houses then he explained" This is where Satoko vanished."

"You may not believe me." the man said in despair.

Yelling back Nezuko shouted " I do believe you! I believe you, all right!" She repeated herself once more before getting down and started sniffing the dirt path. The man stared utterly confused behind her. 

Nezuko could sense the demon scent, the red traces all over the ground and wood fences. "There's still a faint trace of demon scent, but it's uneven, so to speak."

"There's something strange about this." she thought to herself unaware of the man still watching her.

"Who is this kid anyway?" The man thought. Frowning he touched his bruised face remembering how he got beat up.
---
The older man grabbed Kazumi, who was on the floor, by his shirt. "How dare you!" Kazumi groaned in pain and grabbed his swollen cheek while blood was running down from his nose.

"What do you mean, vanished?" Screamed the man who had his fist cocked back ready to punch. "You bastard!"

"Dear!" The wife of the older man yelled, clinging to his arm. "That's enough! Please stop!" she cried. In a hazy gaze Kazumi looked towards a red scarf on top of a dresser.
---

Nezuko was now following the demon scent path, the man trailing behind her. People were watching her curiously and confused when she once again started to sniff the floor.

A little bit later the pair were still walking, the sky now a red hue. The were walking silently until the man spoke up.

"I want you to believe me." Nezuko stopped walking and turned around to face him.

"She really did vanish." he cried out.

"I believe you." Nezuko said. "After all, that's why I'm here."

It was now night time and Nezuko was still following the demon scent. The man was still trudging behind her.

"You're gonna keep going?" questioned the man. In which Nezuko gave a quick yes to. "Look how late it's gotten. "