Well.

There goes his comfort of sleep now.

What's even the point of going back to sleep if Kaveh is not by his side for a cuddle?

He took a quick glance at the clock hanging on the other end of the wall. 10:21 AM it says. With a huff, the younger man kicked the blanket off his body and left the bed abruptly. He glanced at the pile of blankets messily unmoving in his bed, contemplating whether to fix it first or not.

The image of Kaveh nagging him about his messy habits played in his head and decided to spare a few minutes to fix the bed before heading out of the kitchen.

-

He walked in and was greeted by the usual sight of Kaveh cooking by the stove. The light from the window gracing his husband making him look even more ethereal than usual. His eyes draped down towards his husband's nape, smirking at the evidence of last night's fun.

He thoroughly savored Kaveh last night. The blonde was left writhing and sobbing underneath him and even then Alhaitham did not stop. And just by looking at him Kaveh now.

He wants more.

Slowly, he approached the man, gently wrapping his arms around his waist.

Like always.

His hands belonged there. That's none negotiable.

In turn his husband turned to him, a smile gracing his plump lips as he pecked the man's lips and mumbled a sweet good morning.

Gently as usual he was pulled towards their dining table and Alhaitham glanced at the feast with all his favorite food. He stood there, hands not leaving Kaveh's waist as the blonde on his side give small pecks of kisses on the man's cheeks.

"Was it about the thing I forgot yesterday?"

Kaveh met his gaze and gave an eager nod. He smiled and yet looked apologetic as he fiddled with his fingers and turn his glance to the food.

"I remember now, what was supposed to be yesterday."

Alhaitham smiled, a rare occurrence that if anyone in Sumeru would see, they would question his identity. But there's no need for Sumeru to see that. His smile is reserved for his dearly beloved senior. And his alone.

He pulled the blonde to one of the seats as he sat down, bringing Kaveh to his lap. The older man indulging him with his wishes.

"Ah." He closed his eyes and opened his mouth earning him a giggle from his husband.

"Well, someone wants to be spoiled." Kaveh however, obliged. He feed the man the sandwhich he made just today and wiped his face with a napkin.

"I'm really sorry." He kissed the man's temple. "And belated happy birthday."

Alhaitham opened his eyes as if surprised. He look at his senior who still sat on his lap and an apologetic smile on his face.

He gently grabbed the younger man's hand and placed a small black box in it.

Alhaitham's heart could leap out of his chest right now.

"I had that commissioned last month. And I went to retrieve it earlier today." The blonde stated as he offered a mouthful of sandwich on his husband yet again who obediently opened his mouth and ate. "But yesterday, I was so busy that it slipped past my mind. I'm really sorry Haiyi."

Alhaitham wiped the tears that threatened to fall from Kaveh's carmine eyes.

"It's okay Veh. I forgot too." This time, it was him who cupped the older man's face as he continuously yet gently rubbed his thumb on the man's cheek as if to soothe him. "Thank you for preparing this for me."

"Thank you for the present too."

"I love you." The blonde's reply was enough to melt Alhaitham's heart. "I love you a lot and I'm happy to spend another year by your side."

The blonde continued crying as he hugged the younger man who soothes him by caressing his hair, his cheeks, and planting kisses all over his face.

"I love you a lot Kaveh. You are the greatest present the world has ever give me."

-

Alhaitham glanced at the ring from the black box he received from his husband. His eyes took the detailed of the very simple golden ring endowed with a small red gem in the center. It fits snugly on Alhaitham's right ring finger for his left is already occupied with another ring.

As much as Alhaitham appreciated the gift, he couldn't help but notice how the present looked so simple that it was so far-fetched from Kaveh's aesthetics.

The ring he was examining dropped to the floor and rolled.

Alhaitham's heart drop. He hoped nothing bad will ever happen to it as he chased after the rolling ring hastily. The chase didn't took long however as the ring stopped and dropped. Under the light from the sun coming from the living room window, the gold ring shined as beautifully as ever.

It reminded him a lot of his ever glowing beautiful husband.

Gently, the man bent down to pick up the ring but stopped in his tracks upon seeing the red gem glowing due to the sun's light.

And light from the red gem slowly spread around the ring, gently, new designs appeared on the golden ring. Written in red hue like Kaveh's eyes. The way it looked at him with love and affection.

It wrote.

'To my Eternity'

A drop of water beside the ring got Alhaitham out of his trance.

His hand gently touched his cheeks where the water flowed.

He cried himself of joy.

That was the first. Second if you count the wedding with Kaveh.

He quickly grabbed the ring and clutched it tightly in his hands. He wiped the tears that flowed and when he opened it again, the engraved words already disappeared.

"Well played Veh." He mumbled as he slipped the ring on his right ring finger.

"Haiyi! Come on now! It's time to blow your cake." Alhaitham chuckled at the sound of Kaveh from the kitchen.

He walked in with Kaveh holding him the cake with a smile.

"Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday my birthday boy!

Happy birthday to you!"

Alhaitham was once again smiling, as widely as he can today.

I guess faking to forget his birthday was actually such as amazing thing afterall. He thought that railing Kaveh was enough of a gift but the man always finds a way to give him more.

"Thank you my Light." He walked closer and peppered the man's face with kisses.

"Wait- hey! Blow the candle!"

"I'll blow you instead."

"Haiyi! Hey!"

Without the light, Alhaitham's eternity would not exist.

I guess the same goes for Kaveh then.

-

Oh my goshh! I totally forgot! I have a lot going on lately so my tribute is a bit late but here you are. 

Belated happy birthday Alhaitham! Please continue to be love and cherish our Kaveh yeah?