𝟏

We fell in love in October ~ girl in red

Today was the day...I was going Voltaire school for boys which is now co-ed.The government decided to open some all boy schools to girls I'm not really sure why but I'm not complaining.My brother,Cornelius went to Voltaire he told me the teachers were all bitches.
But I'm still excited one day I want to become an architect and build structures so beautiful it would be a blessing to look at.

Unfortunately mum had all obligations she said that with a pretty face like mine and  perfect manners I could find a husband with 'lots of money and live a happy life'.Dad wasn't having it though he kept on convincing mum till she said yes.It took so long to convince her that I missed the first two weeks of school,Luckly dad and the headmaster are friends from university and he  held a place for me while my parents were deciding.

"Eloise come down,Your gonna be late"

I run my hand down the front of my dress smoothing out any non-existent wrinkles.I had my white dress on that went above my knees and a baby blue cardigan that my brother bought me from England.

"Eloise don't make me come up there"screeched mother

"Coming"I ran down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Are you going to eat some toast"
"No thank you I must go now"
"Ok...be home in time to help at the bakery"
"Will try, au revoir"
"Prends soin de you"

I hopped onto my bike ridding to school the sun was out and the birds were chirping it was truly a lovely day.I finally made it to the school it had big gates and high brick walls ;I park my bike and walk into the school,I noticed I was late to class,My hair blew behind me as I ran to my first class I made it just in time. The teacher was a old woman who had sharp eyes and small pink lips ,when pressed together formed a thin line.

"Your late girl!"

"I know professor,I'm...I'm new to the school."

"Very well then ,but if your late tomorrow I want hesitate to. Send you to the head's office miss..."

"Oh miss Fitzroy...Eloise Fitzroy."
"Take Seat next to Michele "
I looked on confused till a girl waved her hand and pointed to the seat next to her.
I gave her a warm smile approaching the seat.

Class was long and continuous,the teacher seemed to have a biased hatred towards a boy called pincho,I couldn't help but feel bad.It was first break and Michele offered for me to sit with her friend.

"Your gorgeous..like...like Sharon Tate"
I blushed a rosy pink I felt flushed at the kind remark "Oh thank you..I'm Elòise"

"And I'm Simone " she said shining a childish smile
"Pleasure"
They break into conversation as  looked around the courtyard trying to see how everyone interacted with each other . I come across a boy staring into my soul,he had curly brown hair that went up to his brows,a sharp jaw line that could cut ropes and an eyepatch covering his right eye.
"Who's that?
Michele practically sinks into the bench with a flattened expression as Simone sighs.
"I forgot you missed the first two weeks ,well that is Joseph Descamps and he's a big bully he kept on targeting girls until, he set up a prank to soak Michele it worked but...when Michele brother Jean-pire heard about it he well ,punched Descamps and a fight broke out .Decamps glasses broke and a shard of glass landed in his eye making him go fully blind in one eye and having it taken out"

I sat there in disbelief
"Wow I really did miss a lot"
"It only happened last week and he came back 2 days ago so you have time to catch up." Says Simone reassuringly

"Well we best get changed we have PE next"Spoke Michele .

We used the teachers bathrooms since we could not share changing rooms with the boys .Once I  finished  changing  I stepped out and heard  Simone giggle.
"You and Annick could be big boob buddies?How are yours so big?" she said jokingly

We laughed as we walked to the gymnasium. But all I could think about was the boy with the eye patch...

 But all I could think about was the boy with the eye patch

- - -𝐀/𝐍- - -

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝐢'𝐯𝐞  𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠,𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠,𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 .𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞  𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞  𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫.💕❤️