Chapter Five - Jealousy

Começar do início

"You say that like, you're a good singer?"Sai jibed.

"Not only a good singer, but mein djembe bhi accha bajaata hoon, right Kamal sir?" Virat gloated, looking at her with a smug expression.

Kamal nodded his head enthusiastically, recalling the training days in the Indian Police Academy, especially the evenings when the students were allowed out camping with chaperones because those were the times Virat would always have his djembe and he would be drumming to beat of classic tune, and when he was in a extra happy mood he would honour the students and his teachers with melodious singing. Kamal could remember very clearly how crazy the girls used to get over his Sir, but Virat had only one goal in his mind then and that was graduating the academy with the highest degree, which he was very successful at.

"Right, everyone was a very big fan of your skills, especially the girls. Remember, you would come to me to complain because all your female peers kept mooning over you, always asking you out on a date, but you were to shy to either accept or decline and would run away" Kamal chuckled, and then laughed louder when he noticed 'Virat going red with embarrassment.

"Girls were crazy over him?', Sai asked teasingly, successfully hiding the tinge of jealousy she felt at the mention of other girls fawning over her Virat sir. "I have to question that Aaba, inke bekaar chehre par kaun fida hoga"

Virat glared at her angrily, "tumahre uss khet se toh behtaar dikhta hoon"

"Aniket, his name is Aniket', Sai snapped.

"Joh bhi Khet ho, usse zyaada handsome mein hoon for sure"

"Dream on, Aniket is very handsome" Sai claimed as a matter of fact.

Virat clenched his jaw and the spoon in his hand tightly hearing that, he did not like Sai talking about another man, never mind praising another man and he wasn't ashamed to admit that he was jealous. God Virat, tum eik bacche se jaal rahe ho. His consciousness snapped at him. Baccha ho yah budda, koi bhi ladka meri Sai ko impress kare mujhe pasand nahin.

"Humare Virat Sir usse zyaada handsome hain, main jaanti hoon, akhir Maine dekha hain Aniket ko", Usha Maushi claimed, serving more rice onto Virat's plate.

God bless you Usha Maushi, you are the best. Virat beamed at Maushi and happily dug into his food.

"Aap ko chashme ki zaroorat hain maushi". Sai stated sarcastically.

Virat was going to murder that Khet.

**

It had been a mentally exhausting day for Samrat, starting with his little 'spat' with his so called wife, then his heart to heart with Ashwini Kaku, after that dodging everyone's questions as to why he does not want to go for his 'honeymoon' with their maturity ki murat bahu, he finally found some time to himself where he could reflect on his conversation with Ashwini Kaku, so that was why he brought himself up to the balcony with a bottle of whiskey, his and Virats 'sanctuary' when they need to escape. He poured himself a substantial amount and sat on the sofa, laying his head back so it rested on the top of the chair, staring up at the dark sky where the moon and stars were starting to come out, it seemed so peaceful, he wished he could feel even the slightest bit of that peace.

Bringing the glass of whiskey to his lips, he took a sip of the strong liquid, welcoming the burning feeling in his throat while he recalled his talk with his Kaku this morning.

*Flash Back*

"Jee Kaku, do you need something?"Samrat asked, stopping at the top of the stairs watching his aunt walk towards him with a determined stride.