I went to say something, but Carter quickly interfered, "Look, I think you need to go. Demi has enough going on, and she doesn't need this right now," he said to Wilmer, but Wilmer refused.

"No, I need to explain this to her. She needs to understand," Wilmer said as he looked at Carter, and then down to me.

"Demi, I never meant to hurt Nick, and I definitely never meant to cause him any harm. I was in a bad place when I had my friends beat up Nick, that day, and I haven't been proud of myself since then. When you confronted me about it, and said you were going to tell Nick, and the police about what I did, I snapped. I lost it. When I was in that cage with Nick, rage took over, and I couldn't control myself. If I could rewind, I would never go into that cage with Nick. I would have walked away, Demi. You have to believe me. I want to change. I want to be a better person. I want you to forgive me, and be proud of me one day. I don't want to be this person that you hate, and that you despise," Wilmer said as he kept his eyes glued on me. Just as I was about to speak, we both were caught off guard by the person behind Wilmer.

"It was you?" Alvey said from behind Wilmer, making us to both turn around. At this point, I couldn't control my emotions. The tears fell down my face repeatedly, and I was suddenly having a hard time breathing. "Demi, Shhh.. Nick's not dead," Alvey said, as he ran over and rubbed my back. My head snapped up and looked at him.

"Wh-what?" I said, confused.

"He's not dead. He is unconscious, but the doctors are fully confident that he should wake up soon. It's just a waiting game," Alvey said as he looked at me with a warm smile.

"He is alive? I heard the doctors say that he was brain dead and that there was nothing that they could do for him at this point," I said, explaining my confusion

"Yup. He is very much alive," Alvey said with a laugh. "I guess they had to move him rooms because that room was occupied with a guy who was in a bad motorcycle accident. He is in room 32A, just up the hall. You are welcome to go in there and talk to him. Maybe it will help him wake up quicker," Alvey said as he winked at me. I smiled and gave him a big hug.

"I can't believe this," I said as I looked at both him and Carter.

"I told you he was a fighter," Alvey said with a smile.

"Alvey..." Wilmer said, causing us all to turn and look at Wilmer, who was now standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Alvey...I am so sorry for everything. I am sorry for the pain I have caused you and Nick, and anyone else I have hurt," Wilmer said to him with a sad look on his face.

I turned and watched as Alvey listened to the words that Wilmer spoke. "Listen, Wilmer. I am not happy with the outcome of everything, and I know that Nick won't be thrilled when he finds out you were in fact the cause of his injury, but I do want to help you. I want to help you be a better person," Alvey said which made me a little surprised.