𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Start from the beginning

They jumped a floor down and Spider gave his thanks to them for saving him.

The boys then turns to see one of Quaritch's men. Lo'ak brings up his gun to start firing but McKenzie push it back down and shove all of them to the side, saving Loak from being dancing with bullets.

The avatar soldiers still fire bullets off in the direction of where they crouch behind a nearby wall, slowly closing in on them with a few more soldiers following closely.

She pushes the boys forward through the winding hallways of the ship, desperate to find somewhere to get them out without catching a stray bullet to the head.

The group have to dive behind another wall as they continue spraying bullets in their direction.

McKenzie turn to fire her gun out toward them but it makes a 'click' noise back at her.

She pulls the magazine off of the gun. Empty. Shit. She turned to her left to see Lo'ak still gripping his gun tightly, ready to shoot.

"Give me that!" She say as throwing her last gun to the ground and steal his. Firing back into the soldiers causes them to cease their fire and seek cover.

They continue to try and take shots at each other as she still managing to hold them back and glance towards the boys.

"Come on, we gotta get out of here. I spotted a clearing to our left. We run there on my signal, got it?" She sounded like her father and she knew that but these were serious times. She needs to get this right before someone gets hurts

McKenzie shoot a couple more times before waving her arms at them to jump. "Go, go, go!" She yells, she quickly follow behind them as they scatter. Lo'ak dives in first next to Spider and Neteyam runs besides her

McKenzie continues to shoot until the gun was out, she grabs Neteyam and pushes him towards the water before jumping in behind him.

——

Swimming from up under the ship to reach the other side, they all breach the surface. Lo'ak looks around before laughing toward Spider, Neteyam.

"Bro, that was insane cous'!" Lo'ak says before giving Spider a high-five.
Neteyam only shoots his brother a smile as he tries not to encourage his brother's stupid antics.

McKenzie reached to the surface before It becomes increasingly hard to keep her head above the surface and even harder to keep the air in her lungs. Her head starts to bob in the water as she struggled to stay up above.

Neteyam looks over to her, the smile he adorned dropping instantly.
McKenzie looked down a tad to see that the water around her was now starting to be a good mix of blue and crimson red.

There was a bullet wound in her arm, and the worst one of all, the one that was centered high up on her chest—a hole straight through.

She was shot—in the chest.

Tsireya and Ao'nung come over quickly on one Ilu as they motion for them to grab onto the side so they could drag them off to safety.

Neteyam rushes over to McKenzie keeping her head above the water as he starts to swim backward toward the Ilu, with her back resting on his chest.

Lo'ak turns around in confusion seeing as he is already at the Ilu much quicker than his sister who is usually much quicker than him.

"What's going on, come on Ke-...oh no" Lo'ak starts off questioning my slow pace but turns and quickly realizes the reason for it.

He now sees as the water around her is now dyed red.

Ao'nung reaches down to retrieve her out of Neteyam's arms. He couldn't bear to lose her. Not like this.