Prologue

Atsushi's POV

I was simply sitting at my desk, going through the endless pile that was Dazai's paperwork. The Ada was chaotic as usual: 

Dazai-San lounging on the couch, listening to his suicide song, Kunikida-san admonishing him for it. Ranpo-san was sucking on a lollipop chatting with his bestie Yosano-San.Naomi was gossiping about her brother's crush on Tachihara with Haruno while Tanizaki denied them rather unsuccessfully. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Kenji and Kyouka blushing as they returned from a mission. Meanwhile the President was in his office 

Going through a report about an attack on a wealthy family, I heard the president call me into his office. Dodging the members and their antics smoothly, I made my way into the president's office.

Upon entering Fukuzawa-sans office, I bowed my head politely and wished him a good morning. He nodded in acknowledgement and gestured to sit on one of the chairs opposite him. I did as he asked ,and the silverette Ada president, Fukuzawa handed me the mission details as I quickly went over them.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Name: Atsushi Nakajima

Alias: Tomioka Giyuu

Age:21

Occupation: Hashira in Demon Slayer Corp

Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, medium height

Personality: Cold and Reserved

Requirements: adept sword wielding

Mission goal: Undercover Surveillance from inside the Corps to gain information about it.The information will be used to form an alliance with the Corps.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I quickly scanned over the details. I was supposed to join the corps for a year in which I would work under the name of Tomioka Giyuu. It was mainly a surveillance mission where I had to gather as much information as possible about the working of the corps.

The mission left me apprehensive.I never did any long term or undercover cases , always being assigned more combat missions with Akutagawa as Shin Soukoku or whatever Dazai called it.As much he had hated my guts in the past and I hating his, we grudgingly had moved on from our bitter hatred and tried being more civil with one another often going out for tea after missions .The thought of not seeing him made my heart dip in a way I never felt before.What was this feeling ? Was it ... 

I said, "President will I still be able to do agency missions while away?" hoping to stop my train of thoughts about Akutagawa before they  became  too weird.

A curt nod followed my question and so did a reply "Yes, however the missions will be few to avoid the corps getting suspicious." That one sentence sent my heart soaring as I tried to diminish it.Curse these stupid feelings !

"Anything else to be vary of President?" I questioned.

"The corps will get suspicious of you if you use your ability hence no ability usage.However to avoid your ability being discovered , you will need to keep your distance from them.Hence, we opted to give you a reserved personality. Based on information gathered by Ranpo ,most of the Hashira are quite young so you should fit in well. "Answered Fukuzawa-san

As my eyes drifted towards the requirement for sword wielding, he brushed my concern off with an explanation "As for sword wielding, I will be giving you lessons in that until you need to leave for the corps which is in a month or so."

I nodded along absorbing the information until the President handed me 8 different files .Going through them I found pictures and information on all the other Hashiras.Making  a note to myself to go through the files later today ,I accepted the mission and with a polite bow to the president, I left his office.

Returning to the main office was chaos in its truest form.Dazai san being the matchmaker he is, had pushed Kenji and Kyouka towards each other.Safe to say when Kyouka's lips landed on Kenji's in a solid 20- second kiss, he guaranteed himself the suicide he always wanted at Kyouka's  behest.Ranpo-san and Yosano-sensei were recording ,most likely planning to use this as blackmail against Kyouka and Kenji.As the pair broke apart, furiously red , Kyouka  summoned Demon Snow and started chasing after Dazai.

Kenji sat on the floor trying to remember his name while Kunikida tried to restrain Kyouka.In half the agency's opinion, it was about time two of our youngest members made a move on one another.Well at least  I found something to tease Kyouka about when she teases me about Akutagawa.Hah, take that Kyouka Chan !

My train of thoughts was interrupted as Kunikida san forced us to our desks , with Dazai san cowering in fear from the glare that Kyouka gave him from  across the  room.I'm pretty sure Akutagawa taught her that...Damn it ! I'm thinking about him again.Whats wrong with me today?

I quickly rushed through my paperwork and Dazai's for the rest of the day to avoid any more Akutagawa-related thoughts and left for home with a still red Kyouka.

***********************************************************************************************

After Kyouka fell asleep , I started going through the files' meticulously marking who to have the most interactions with until I had only one left.

I was quite surprised as the hashira were very odd, some being gentle and others being monkeys.

I picked up the last file , which had the information of a female hashira.

Her name was Mitsuri Kanroji .She was the love Hashira which seriously made me question whether she was a matchmaker or a katana wielder .Apparently she was 19 and one of the bubbliest Hashira.Her breathing style involved flexibility and immense coordination.If not for the circumstances I would have loved to train with her.She could help me be more flexible in my tiger form which still needed polishing.

Pulling her photo out of its insert,I paused in horror: It was Tada nee-san. Shaking my head I realised it was'nt really her, just my mind playing tricks on me.It terrified me how similar in appearance and personality Mitsuri and Tada nee-san were. Mitsuri was absolutely breathtaking.She was practically the spitting image of my self appointed sister with her oh so similar ,bright smile.

memories come rushing in of Tada nee-san .My breath caught as I struggled to differentiate between Mitsuri and the girl from my past I will never forget. But Mitsuri wasn't the one I mourned ,it was the girl who gave me my name.She was long dead.Because of me .

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I made a promise to myself to protect Mitsuri from harm and do what I couldn't do for my adoptive sister, Tada-nee san.

Gathering all the files in a bundle , I retreated to my closet and snuggled up for a good nights rest.

                                                                                          *

1086 words.

Tada née san is an OC created by me.She doesn't exist in cannon