Prologue

Anakin stood still, as the other younglings stared and whispered at him, he tried his best to tune out what they were saying, but he couldn't help it, as his nails dug into his palms, taking deep breaths, as his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, told him.

They snickered and gasped among themselves, as if he wasn't even there, as if he couldn't even hear them.

But when they ceased, and instead stared at someone behind him, he grew confused, then hopeful, had they finally been caught? Would they finally be made to stop?

"Hello." A small voice said.

He turned around, and instead of seeing a Jedi, as he was hoping, he saw a little girl, in a big poofy dress, a tiara sat atop of her head, and her gloved hands were clasped in front of her.

"Your highness" the Younglings gasped, as they dropped to their knees, and Anakins curiosity grew more, as he continued to stand, looking between them and the fancy looking girl.

"Ani, get down!" One of them hissed.

"You." He looked at the girl, again, and she was pointing at him.

"Me?" He asked, pointing at himself.

"What is your name?"

But before he had time to answer, the question was already answered by someone else.

"That's Ani, your highness, he's still new, he's not from around here." One of them said, stifling a laugh, as the others chuckled to themselves.

He grew angry at the taunt, and ultimately embarrassed, he didn't want this girl to know, he didn't even know her, and she didn't know him, but now she was going to look down on him, just like they do, like everybody does.

"You may rise, and make better use of your time" The girl told them, gesturing with her hand for them to get up. "Ani, will you accompany me?" She held her hand out, to him.

He hesitated, before eventually taking her hand in his, and she pulled him along.

But not before stopping and looking over her shoulder.

"Just him." She told the younglings, that had started to follow them. "Go do something useful, with your time. I would hate to have to tell my father, that the Jedi are doing a terrible job of raising our next generation."

Anakin watched in amusement, as their eyes widened, and they all scurried away, bashfully.

"Wow, your father must be some important guy." Anakin told her, a small smile on his face.

He watched as the girls brows furrowed, as she stared at him, noticing his soft chubby cheeks, and the small gap in his two front teeth, his very blond hair, and beautiful blue eyes.

But then she let out a laugh.

"Ani, do you know who I am?" She asked.

"Should I?" His cheeks started to turn red, he wanted to kick himself, had he just offended this clearly very important girl?

"Oh! I like you already." She squeezed his hand, and his arm, as she laid her head on his shoulder.

But she didn't bother to tell him, as she continued to pull him along, not taking notice how his heart was racing.

They snuck around the Jedi temple, in order to not get told off.

And he was shocked to discover, that somehow, this girl seemed to know where she was going.

They had arrived late to lunch, and he noticed how the younglings around the tables, had all shifted, seemingly to make room at their table, for only her to sit at.