A Bad Day

Tenko and Shota were out for lunch. Shota said that Tenko wasn't out much other than therapy and that it would be beneficial for his mental health to go out more often. Shota promised Tenko it would be only when he could be there with him, for obvious reasons, and that they'd do whatever he wanted. This has been going on for a while and today Tenko wanted to go for a lunch.

Tenko was enjoying his teishoku, when he noticed a guy at a table not far from them, giving him a dirty look. Tenko was used to such and just went on with his meal. People often looked at him like he was a monster, which he couldn't blame them for, he did kill a lot of people. However most people didn't say anything since he was always around Shota or some sort of a hero. Shota tries to be around him as much as possible but sometimes he has patrol when Tenko has to get to, or from therapy, so he sends Hawks or Present Mic to go with him.

Today was not the best day for Tenko. First thing in the morning he wakes up to a bundle of dust on his bed. Horror struck trough him as he imagined the worst case scenario's, before realizing it was just the blanket that got disintegrated. He found his gloves to avoid having to dust the whole place, going downstairs to make some breakfast. He burned the eggs, setting of the fire alarm and waking up Shota. One of Shota's cats scratched him and so much more. Needless to say he was feeling a bit under the weather today.

As he was almost finished with his meal, he could hear the man having a conversation with his date.
,,If I had a face like that, I would have killed myself a long time ago." Tenko knew it was about him but he just shrugged it off as he glanced at Shota. Shota looked like he was ready to say something, but Tenko quickly stopped him saying that it was okay and it didn't bother him.
,,Hah, if pretending to have a sob story would get me out of jail we all would be doing that. It's favoritism I'm telling you." Now it was starting to get a little under Tenko's skin as well but he believed he deserved it.
,,Monster!" Those words was the last straw for both man sitting at the table and Shota called over a waitress to get the check.

The word monster kept on repeating in Tenko's head the whole way home, only humming in acknowledgement, whenever Shota asked him a question. He was totally out of it, his breath's were painful and his hands were shaking. Shota noticed all this but he gave the younger man space as he knew he wouldn't appreciate the unwanted attention from other people.

As they got back to the apartment and took off their shoes Shota said:
,,Do you want anything?" Shota's voice brought Tenko back into reality as he just realized his cheeks were wet. Great, he was crying this whole time.
,,We could play Mario Kart, if you don't mind."
,,Not at all. Here, give me your coat." Tenko took off his coat and handed it to Shota, before going upstairs in his room. Shota followed right behind him, sitting next to Tenko on his bed. Shota wrapped his arm around Tenko after he wiped away the tears on Tenko's face.

————————————————————————

They played games for about an hour and needless to say Shota lost every time, but Tenko's mood seemed to be better and for that he was glad. At some point during that they started cuddling and if Tenko said his heart didn't start running he'd be lying.

The two man put on a movie as they were done playing. Tenko was between Shota's legs, laying on the older man's shoulder and Shota was playing with his hair. Tenko was sure it had to be greasy and he didn't understand why Shota would even want to touch it, but he was melting with the soft touch. Shota suddenly gave a soft kiss to Tenko's cheek getting a surprised squeak out of him.
,,Sorry, is that okay with you?" Tenko was more than okay with it, he craved this type of attention from the hero for a long time. Tenko nodded his head, harsh blush spreading across his face and neck.

Shota moved closer, closing the gap between them and placed a kiss to Tenko's lips. It was soft and warm, making the younger melt with the touch as he kissed Shota back.
,,You're doing so good Tenko." Said Shota as he pulled away, making Tenko blush harder, if that was even possible.
,,You've been doing better and better, you're amazing and a great person. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I love you." Tenko didn't know how to respond to that. As much as Tenko always thought he was the bad guy and that he doesn't deserve this life, in this moment he believed Shota's every word.
,,I love you too Shota."