Ruined Landscape

By : Gumi_nat
Source : AO3

Chapter 1

The afternoon is awesome, Satoru has gone out to hang out with his boyfriend Suguru and his best friend Shoko, as a distraction and something of a farewell.

"Your turn, Satoru!" shouts Shoko, she has huge sunglasses on as she wobbles the tambourine in her hand.

Satoru grabs the microphone and starts singing as soon as the lyrics are on the screen. It was a good idea to come to karaoke instead of the movie theater, here they could be as disastrous as they wanted.

"You sound good, baby" Suguru says, he sits quietly, watching him.

Satoru smiles at him and continues until the song ends.

"Tell me again why you don't want to be an idol?" says Shoko as she selects her song "Not only do you have the face, you sing great."

Satoru snorts and plops down next to Suguru, where Suguru immediately slips his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders to hug him. The light-haired one rests his head on his shoulder.

"I actually tried" he replies "But father didn't agree. Besides, I got rejected at the auditions."

"That sucks" says the girl "Maybe your father got you rejected. Tsk, I hate people with power."

Satoru grimaced, it wasn't like he hadn't thought about it before. His father was influential enough that no agency would accept him.

"Maybe it's because you suck at dancing" the black haired one said, Shoko let out a laugh interrupting his not at all pleasant introduction.

"Suguru!" complained Satoru, forming a pout that the opposite didn't take long to kiss. Though he was actually right, his forte was singing, not dancing. But aiming to be an idol seemed more feasible than trying to be a soloist out of nowhere. If his family would support him, it would be something else....

After Satoru's numerous attempts to join an agency and the incessant nagging from his family, finally his father had decided to make an extreme decision under the pretext that it was all "for his own good", that is, he would be sent abroad to finish his university studies, with no option to not.

So now, he found himself going out every day with his best friends, enjoying all the time he had left before leaving. He tried not to think about it so much, he didn't want to cry because he had to leave them.

After saying goodbye he headed home, to find that dinner was ready earlier than usual, and much more unusual, his father was home early.

"Satoru, puppy, your father has something to tell you" he didn't know why, but immediately understood that what was coming would not exactly be good news.

"And what would that be?" he dared to ask.

His father ate some more, unperturbed, before looking Satoru straight in the eye.

"The Zen'in family" just the mention of it made Satoru freeze, he hated that family. If his father was a cold blooded man who only cared about business, the Zen'in were a pack of bloodthirsty wolves who wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who got in their way, Satoru never wanted anything to do with them "We have arranged your marriage to join them in alliance"

Satoru looked from his father to his mother, looking for help, but she only ducked her head.

"Please, father, you know I love..."

"Enough of your bullshit" he restrained him "I have ignored your relationship with the young man from that Geto family, but you know very well that we have been rivals for generations. You will marry Naoya before you leave, we don't want you roaming abroad without a proper mark."