2

July fourth is my birthday. I always get a little made fun of from Andrew because my birthday isn't till after school, and his is November 5, so he is like 7 months older than me. But here we are today as bestest friends and our birthdays don't even matter.

Anyways, you can say my birthday is in a month. A whole boring long month. Unless I have Andrew with me.

I told Grandma this, that Andrew and I always had a lot of fun together. And guess what she thought? It was the best thing ever.

Go on a mini vacation.

Alone.

Sounds a little weird, but it sounds like fun. I'm getting together with Andrew today to talk to him about grandma's idea.

I invited him over at 11:00 in the morning, and it's 10:40 right now.

Even though he might think that it is a bad idea, grandma helped me come up with a list of places we could go for not a lot of money. She believes that we are both very mature and responsible and go on a little road trip and stay in a hotel.

This is the list:

•Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
•San Fransisco, California
•Ocean City, New Jersey
•Aspen, Colorado

I'm liking Myrtle Beach or Ocean City, but I'm letting Andrew decide. If he even agrees.

I get two cupcakes from yesterday for him on a plate and place it on the table.

I hear my front door open. "You are early," I say.

Andrew has a key to my house, and so do I.

"Yup, and am very anxious about why you wanted to talk to me," he responds, actually looking scared.

I run over to hug him. "Nothing to worry about, Andrew. I swear."

"Okay," he says, his posture loosening up a bit.

"I have some cupcakes for you."

"Why thank you!"

I take a seat next to him while he gobbles up his cupcakes.

"So I've been talking with grandma about how I want to do something before my birthday with you. Something fun, and not boring."

Andrew nods.

"And so my grandma suggests we go on a little road trip vacation."

Andrew freezes. "Alone? Together?"

"Is that bad?"

"No, not at all."

"Oh, okay. Well, so do you like the idea?"

"Yeah!" he says, actually getting excited. "Where would we go?"

"Here's a list grandma made," I said, showing him the list.

"Oh these are cool," he says, scanning the list.

"Are you on board with the idea? My dad and mom tell me that grandma is the boss of me since they are always at the office. So I have a yes. You need a yes. Wanna go check real quick?"

"Yep," he shouts excitedly, running out the door.

He comes back in ten minutes later with a smile on his face. "They said yes!"

I stand up and hug him tightly. "Yes! Oh my gosh I'm so excited. Where do you want to go?"

"I like the sound of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, how about you?"

"Of course, oh my gosh. I'm so excited. This is going to be awesome. I can bake some treats for the road trip!"

"Yeah! When would we leave? Since today is Tuesday..."