Chapter 30: he did not open his eyes

Start from the beginning

As i absorbed the harsh reality, i felt a surge of determination. "I need to see him," i uttered, my voice trembling but resolute. Mumma supported me, and together we entered the intensive care unit.

Maan lay there, surrounded by machines, his stillness casting a stark contrast to the vibrant spirit i had known. I held his hand, I called out for him, again and again . But he did not open his eyes. He did not look at me. He did not look at his Isha.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S POV

Prisha sat in the hospital room, holding her husband Abhiman's hand tightly as tears streamed down her face. She had been sitting there for hours, waiting for him to wake up. The accident had happened so suddenly, and he was now lying on the hospital bed, his body covered in bruises and cuts.

As she sat there, praying for his recovery, a doctor entered the room. Prisha's heart skipped a beat, hoping for some good news. But the look on the doctor's face told her otherwise. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Abhiman. Your husband has slipped into a coma."

Prisha felt as if her entire world came crashing down. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She looked at her Abhiman's peaceful face and then back at the doctor, her eyes filled with tears. "What do you mean he's in a coma? When will he wake up?" she asked, her voice shaking.

The doctor sighed, "I can't say for sure, Mrs. Abhiman. It could be a day, a week, a month, or even years. We just don't know." The doctor exclaimed making her heart sink. She blankly stared at the doctor without uttering anything.

Prisha felt like she was in a daze. Her mind couldn't process the news. Her husband, her soulmate, the love of her life was in a coma, and there was nothing she could do about it. She looked at his peaceful face, and a flood of memories came rushing back. their unexpected wedding, their first kiss, , their silly inside jokes, his teasings. She couldn't imagine a life without him.

Tears rolled down her cheeks like a never-ending stream. She cried and cried, her heart shattering into a million pieces. The reality of the situation hit her hard , her Maan , her husband, the love of her life, her sanity , could be gone forever, or he could wake up and have no recollection of their life together. Either way, it felt like a nightmare.

Prisha's world shattered at that moment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her Maan, the love of her life, the one person who had always been her rock, was now lying in a coma. She felt her chest constrict, her breathing became labored, and the tears that she had been holding back came pouring out.

She broke down, crying and holding onto her Abhiman's hand as if her life depended on it.

The doctor and Abhiman's mother tried to comfort her, explaining that coma patients often wake up, but Prisha couldn't hear anything beyond the fact that her husband was in danger. She felt like she was in a nightmare and couldn't wake up. She wanted to shake Abhiman and make him open his eyes, make him come back to her.

As the doctor and Abhiman's mother left the room, giving her some privacy. Prisha couldn't stop her sobs. She cried and cried, her mind unable to process the thought of not having her Maan by her side. She felt lost, alone, and scared. Her mind was flooded with memories of their happy moments together, making the current reality even harder to bear.

Prisha sat in the hospital room, her hand tightly gripping Abhiman's hand. Tears streamed down her face as she watched her love, lying still on the bed, his face pale and bruised from the accident. It felt like a nightmare, a cruel joke. Just some days ago, they were happy and laughing, dreaming of their future together. And now, here she was, sitting in the hospital, holding on to her Maan's hand for dear life, praying for a miracle.