Season 1 Episode 10: Breakout Star

Start from the beginning

Sprig: Okay, fair point, fair point. But who cares what they think? We like you.

Anne: Uh-huh. But what about Y/N? He doesn't get screamed and pointed at, the town likes him.

Y/N: (Currently feeding Paris before looking at Anne)  That's because I helped the town when that Red Mantis came and I'm sorta nice to them.

Anne: Didn't that Mantis ordeal happen a few days ago?

Y/N: (Shrugs) Yeah and they still respect me, even if I don't really help around the town.

Anne: (Jealous) Lucky. Anyway, I'm going to hide in the basement until this clears up.

Hop Pop: (Halts Anne) Sorry, Anne, but nobody's hiding anywhere today. I need help at the vegetable stand . We got a bumper crop of Scream Beans that need sellin'. (Holds one bean that screams, while Anne bangs her head on the table)

Now the Plantar family and the humans are at the Wartwood Market, setting up their stand as children run around playing and adults buying all kinds of beetles and worms. Right now, Y/N is walking around the market with Paris on his shoulder, when he bumps into Wally.

Y/N: Oh, my bad, Wally I didn't see you there.

Wally: It's nothing Y/N. Depth perception will always be my greatest enemy. Anyway, what are you doing at the market?

Y/N: Hop Pop's selling Scream Beans at his stand, and he told me to grab a few beetles for cooking and possibly any Boom Shrooms just in case of another Burrow Bug incident. In return he said I could get some food for my buddy Paris. (Points to Paris who waves one of his wings at Wally)

Wally: (Waves at Paris while still looking at Y/N) Interesting. Well, the beetle stand is just to your right and the mushroom stand is right near the entrance, if you were wandering.

Y/N: Thanks, Wally. Hey, you think I could get some music lessons from you? (Does accordion motions with his hands) I was thinking of starting to do stuff related to music besides my usual rapping.

Wally: I don't see why not, Y/N. I'll teach you how to play a mean note. Anyway, I must be off now. See you whenever we cross paths.

Y/N nods and waves goodbye as both head off to their respective locations. A few minutes later, Y/N and Paris begin to walk back to the stand, passing more merchants on the way.

Merchant: Fresh cricket, ma'am? Always fresh.

Merchant: Worms! We got worms!

Female Villager: Are these grubs organic? (The young boy and parakeet walk by and return to the stand, where Anne is wearing sunglasses and a large scarf to hide her face)

Y/N: Hey, Hop Pop. I got what you and I both needed. (Hands Hop Pop the bag) Also, you look ridiculous, Anne. (Anne shushes him)

Hop Pop: Thanks, Y/N.  You can help the others try and bring in customers. (Puts the bags down and looks at them all) All right, kids. Get out there and sell like your lives depend on it. Because they do. We-We really need this. (A leaf blows by like a tumbleweed)

Sprig: (Leaps into an open area) Come one, come all. Try the beans everybody's screaming about. (Some beans scream in response)

Anne: (Void of emotion) Beans, everyone. Wow, can you believe it?

Female Villager: Oh, gracious!

Male Villager: Like I'd buy beans from a monster.

Anne: (Stays void, but upset) Yup.