Chapter 28: Brand New Life

Start from the beginning

"Yah! You're so excited to leave me?" I pouted and he giggled.

"Of course not! You're welcome into this apartment anytime, okay? This is your home too." Matteo smiled and I caressed his cheek.

"I'm sorry." I said softly and he shook his head.

"At least we tried." He nodded.

——————

"Babe... Someone's calling you." Matteo mumbled sleepily as he flipped his body to face the other part of the room and went back to sleep.

I rubbed my hand on the side table to reach out for my phone.

"Hmm... Appa?" I answered sleepily.

"Jennie... Uhmm... I think you should return home." Appa said seriously.

"Why, Appa? Whatever it is, can't it wait? I will be back by the end of the month." I rubbed my right eye.

"Quick question... Throughout your 6 months staying with that Hawaiian guy, you both didn't... 'do' it, right?" Appa asked and I turned my attention to the back of Matteo's body.

"No... Why?" I replied, still confused upon Appa's question.

"If Lisa sleeps with another person... What would you do?" Appa asked nervously.

"SHE WHAT?!" I frowned.

"AHHH! Huh? What happened?" Matteo flinched and sat up worriedly.

I rubbed his back and shook my head.

He stared at me sleepily before laying back down.

"Well... Uhmm... N-not too late! Lisa is currently drunk and my guy told me that she flirted with one of the girls and they're kinda... heading to a hotel room now?" Appa said nervously again.

I remained silent.

"Princess?" Appa called out for me.

"L-let her make her own decision." I replied before hanging up the phone.

I cried.

I really cried my heart out.

Matteo hugged me without any questions.

"It's going to be okay..." Was all he whispered.

——————

Ding dong!

"I'll get it!" Matteo ran to the door.

I smiled at Matteo's goofy run and opened the door.

I widened my eyes when I saw Rose and Jisoo along with their son, Miko.

"JENNIE!" Rose was about to run but Jisoo hugged her.

"Aye ayee! Calm down! She's pregnant! Don't jump on her!" Jisoo said as she slowly let go of Rose.

I giggled when Miko stared at his parents confusedly.

"Arassoooooo! I won't jump!" Rose groaned before breaking free from Jisoo.

"Jennie I've missed you!" Rose started to cry as she gently landed a hug on me.

"Appwa..." Miko raised his hands, indicating Jisoo to pick him up.

"Is it a boy or girl? Have you found out?" Rose asked and I shook my head.

I remained quiet knowing what Rose would ask next.