Chapter 12: Time Jump

Author's note: Sorry for the late update! It's been so busy adapting to married life!

Following has no bold settings because I copy paste via my phone instead of the computer. Even so, I hope yall are able to read it without issues!

——————————

-2 years later-

Lalisa POV

"Yah, Chipmunk! Give me the remote control!" I groaned.

"No way! I was here first!" My roommate debated.

"Jisoo! Tell your wife she's getting out of line! This is my office!" I frowned.

"Ew! She's not my wife! Stop saying that!" Jisoo said as she flipped a magazine.

I started chasing Rose around the office which made her giggle.

These are my friends I made in Japan.

With my fortune, I opened a new company, leaving my other company on hold. Some companies who were in the middle of the project with me decided to back out, which I didn't mind.

I'm still healing myself.

I choose health over my work.

"Woah... Lalisa, check this out! Kim Industries put their business to a halt... Says here that the CEO's condition is getting worse... Sad... she's really pretty." Jisoo said as she passed me the magazine.

"Yah, am I not pretty? Is that why you don't want me, Kim Jisoo?" Rose pouted.

"If I were to choose between you and a gorilla, I would choose a gorilla." Jisoo nodded before running away from being Rose's punching bag.

They both ran out of my office, leaving me staring at the article of the magazine.

I know that girl... She's the one who is in my ward...

I brushed my hair to the back.

I might have missed something...

Why would she want my money if she herself is rich... and her company is doing so well?

I walked to my computer and started googling for old articles... Honestly I didn't want to go back to my past but... I feel like I have to. It just doesn't make sense.

Huh? A video... It shows a thumbnail of her hugging me protectively from the reporters.

The old me.

I started to tear up when I realised how wrong I was...

Observing.

I was trembling... and she whispered to me before turning around, blasting the door open and pulling me along.

I widened my eyes when my teddy bear fell and that group of reporters were close to coming for me but she pushed a hospital bed towards them.

I covered my mouth when I saw another video of us in public all happy... I kissed her lips several times and she smiled sincerely...

Oh God I was wrong about her.

"Jennie Kim... Uhmm... W-where's that..." I grabbed my folder of name cards and started searching for Kim Industries namecard before dialing the number.

It went straight to her secretary.

"H-hi... I am... Lisa... Manoban. Can I speak to Jennie?" I asked from the phone.

The phone was directed to another caller.

"L-lisa? Is that really you?" I heard a man's voice which made me look down sadly.