Chapter 18: Future in laws

Comincia dall'inizio

I chose to wait at the balcony because it has a beautiful view of Mount Fuji.

I took a peek of Jisoo hopping in front of her parents in nervousness which made me giggle.

"Aish! Stop that! You'll ruin your suit!" Her Appa patted her back.

"Appa! I'm so nervous..." Jisoo spinned and spinned in the middle of the living room.

"C'mon, Jisoo. It's your moment to shine." Her Eomma kissed her cheeks.

"Even though I can't give you guys babies? You're both okay with this?" Jisoo asked sadly.

"We support your choice and... no matter what you think, you and your future family are welcomed here. Remember that, okay?" Her Appa said before they gave her a hug.

"I love you guys... Thank you." Jisoo sobbed.

"Now go, wed your future wife." Her Eomma patted her back.

"Okay okay! H-here I go..." Jisoo whispered as she took a deep breath.

I headed back to the balcony closer to the edge and waited for her.

"Uhmm... H-hi..." She scratched her head and I smiled.

"Hi, Jisoo." I greeted her and she gulped.

"Uhhh... I... I uhh..." She looked down nervously.

"Do you need me to help you?" I asked and she looked up.

"N-no no! I... I want to be the one who proposes to you... I-it's just that... You're so beautiful hehehe... It makes me shy." She giggled.

"Okay, whenever you're ready." I said as I let her hold my hand.

"Park Rose... It's been 2 years since I met you and I think you're an amazing woman... You accepted me the way I am... And I want to... grow old with you! Yeah! That's what I want! Uhmm... w-will you... marry me?" She asked nervously as she kneeled down with a ring from a box, waiting for my answer.

"I do but..." I said softly and her expression changed to sad.

"I... I understand..." She nodded slowly and pursed her lips.

"Anya... You don't. Can you listen to me first?" I asked and she nodded.

"I understand that this proposal means alot to you and... it is for me too. I will marry you, Jisoo. But let me propose too. I want you to know that you're my choice from the beginning. So Kim Jisoo, I will marry you so... will you marry and grow old with me?" I asked as I kneeled down too, causing her to cry like a baby.

"I DOOOOO!!!" She cried loudly.

"FINALLY! Welcome to the family, Rose!" Her parents clapped their hands excitedly.

———————

We decided to sleepover since her parents insisted.

Me? I just miss staying in a mansion hence I'm enjoying this.

The difference is, I feel safe in this mansion compared to my family's.

I stared at Jisoo who was already sleeping soundly.

It's 12am.

Honestly, I'm kinda hungry.

I rolled over to the edge and stood up before heading to the kitchen that's located at the central wing.

Since the maids have returned home, I decided to cook myself a late night snack. Nothing crazy, just some comfort food.

I was busy cooking when I heard soft footsteps walking behind me.